VadaVaka

Full Version: some sad news
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not sure how many of you are aware of this, but I am sure all of the Canadians are. A couple of days ago, 4 RCMP officers (equivelant to the FBI, but I believe they were acting as municipal police in this case) were killed by a local drug dealer. Not much is known about what happened, at least at the civilian level. The officers went to the house they believed was a marijuana grow house. I think they had a warrant to sure it, but I'm not sure. They were ambushed by James Roszko who shot them all with a high powered rifle. It is believed Roszko was shot by one of the officers, but later took his own life. I hope you guys think about this the next time you feel like getting stoned.
Ya I have been watching it over the last couple of days. It was 4 Rookies, I think the oldest one there had been in the RCMP for 4 years.

I know I want some questions answered. Why were 4 rookies sent to a place that was owned by a known fellon that had used extreme force before. Why weren't more officers sent.
4 years isnt excatly a rookie. In metro you will be working on your own after 6 months.
Well thats what they were calling them on the news was rookies.
[CAKE Wrote:anonymity,Mar 5 2005, 10:39 PM] I hope you guys think about this the next time you feel like getting stoned.
the only thing i think about is how if marijuana was legal this wouldn´t have happened.
Pique,Mar 8 2005, 04:44 PM Wrote:
[CAKE Wrote:anonymity,Mar 5 2005, 10:39 PM] I hope you guys think about this the next time you feel like getting stoned.
the only thing i think about is how if marijuana was legal this wouldn´t have happened.
He just would have moved onto other drugs thats all, so it still would have happened.

Unless you need them and a ligit doctor perscribes them, there should be no reason to take any kind of drug.

If you need to escape reality via drugs you should really take a look at your life and change it.
I knew someone was going to say something along those lines. Good luck trying to convince the families of the people they have lost of that.
Gwarsbane,Mar 8 2005, 06:05 PM Wrote:
Pique,Mar 8 2005, 04:44 PM Wrote:
He just would have moved onto other drugs thats all, so it still would have happened.
Cant say that because you dont know how the cops found him. Was he narked out by a lower dealer? most likly. So if he had been other drugs he would have been dealing with completly other people. Lets take coke for example. Since the penalties are so much harsher a lot more people will nark on you. But, since penalties are so much harsher, dealers are a lot more careful with how they do things. Then again, if it was his own fault somehow (him dealing to an undercover) then it might have happened or it might not of (again with the different people/different situations). Also, a coke dealer is taken a lot more seriously than a weed dealer, thats why i believe, as you said, 4 rookies were sent. So again, it may not have happened.

Quote:Good luck trying to convince the families of the people they have lost of that.

I said what i said because of what i quoted. Im not going to get into a debate about this. Personally if i said what i felt about what happened i would be flamed or dragged into a debate which i dont want. As for gwars last little punch...Ya only live once.
I've known both nice and nasty dealers (no i'm not really a stoner but i move in strange circles). I am always going to be on the legalise marijuana bandwagon because quite frankly, the number of police officers injured trying to break up fights after closing time far outweighs the number who get hurt trying to stop dealers.

Personally i'd blame it on your stupid gun control laws..... how the hell was a convicted felon able to get a high powered rifle? I know it was probably stolen but still the amount that get left lying around....

Anyway I don't really wanna start a debate. I take your point fully anon. And as a counter to my own gun control argument i have had a gun pointed at me by a dealer before.
I have had guns pointed at me by cops before....does that count :P
Here is more to the story. It wasn't just the marijuana they were investigating.

More to the story
fritoman,Mar 10 2005, 11:17 AM Wrote:I have had guns pointed at me by cops before....does that count :P
ditto, it's not fun! My brother was shot do death by the Hollywood Police Dept. I've also had a loaded gun drawn on a guy who was trying to jack the system out of my SUV in my driveway, I'm lucky I didn't shoot and kill him though, I would have gone to prison :/

btw, that is very sad RCMP officers. The only good thing to come of that is the fact that the drug dealer took his own life instead of wasting tax dollars on his worthless life to incarcerate him.
So lil... about gun control... is yours an illegal firearm?
Ya deffinatley some poetic justice in the sense that hes dead. Sorry to hear about your brother lil.

The bottom line is that there were a number of things that could have been done diffrently to save these RCMP officers. One thing that wasnt listed was better body armour for the officers.

Its easy to say what should have been done, but its too late for that now. The purpose of my orginal post was to say that each time you buy any drug from someone you are supporting someone who quite possibly will kill someone just for doing their job. Today, I look at marijuana as a drug stained with the blood of many people, police officers and civilians. You might be able to argue that the drug isnt as bad as others, yet in this case, its indirectly responsible for the 4 lives lost.