VadaVaka

Full Version: RICOCHET: A Clan History
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So Grits had asked us to post on the Steam forums about clans a while back... and I guess I was high or something because I spent like an hour LATE at night writing this post... anyways... over a year later I stumble across it again. I think I may have missed like one or two MINOR clans, but I got ALL the big ones all the way up to when I left in May of last year.

It's a pretty good read, I think.:)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CloudFuel -

Ok Gritsy wanted this so here it goes.. oh and it's like midnight, so bear with me.

I started this game out very soon after it came out by complete accident, of course. Being a lover of new things, I tried my best to work through the "retartedness" of this newfound game and soon discovered that I, like most of here, was quite inexorably hooked on Ricochet. I played many hours and many days, just unable to put it away. Soon I began noticing more players lining the community and eventually clans began to emerge. The VERY first clan I saw was the |NONE| clan, headed by ...hmm... Creator09 I believe was his name. Anyways I joined this clan temporarily, but then ran into Knightmare one day and was absolutely blown away by his skills. I'd been gaining quite an impressive amount of respect by the "regulars" but this guy quite literally put me in my place and tore me up. He beat me something like 28 times straight.. it was horrendous. I soo vowed to take him down, but didn't see him for awhile. Then I ran into KP, or Korean Priest, and beat him and later found out he and Knight were pals. SOOOooo I offered a proposition to these gentleman.. if I could beat Knight once, I would be allowed entry into the clan.

I joined [KIA] about 2 hours later and felt that this was the FIRST major clan to debut at this time. Noxious, a good friend of mine, and SiNbOn and Ashton and babyface and others were involved in a clan called |s| (ie Noxiou|s|, |S|inbon, A|s|hton, etc) and they were pretty freaking decent.

KIA died after awhile.. we gathered up members like Davion, Gemakk, Phyxious, Hylander (from MoS), and these players are some of the best to date. This clan died and Davion and Gemakk started up |APS| or Angry Penguin Squad. In this clan was those two, Hylander, and a bunch of other awesome players... and this was the first clan that I saw that began actually having major auditions for clan entry. I didn't really want to join a clan again so I stuck it out alone. This is how I met the wonderful Shakira.

Shakira would kick EVERYONE's asses without second thought and it was so awesome. She always cracked me up and I loved playing her. Much like Knight, she'd challenge my skills and make me want to become better and eventually I did. She had a great chance of getting into APS, but she being so sweet did not want in unless I went in.. and I didn't want to join. So we decided on creating uT or the unTouchables.

uT and RiP were REALLY the first two powerhouses that were actively going against each other. prO was around for quite a while with members like Newbie, Fritoman, Blazed, etc. but it was kinda wishy-washy with management and leadership. After speaking with Shaki, I had Quickening, Fritoman, Phyxious, Knightmare, Noxious, Razor9, and Jabbahunt join the clan and man we had a blast. It was such fun and so cool to hang with these guys, but then it turned kind of ugly. The crowds wanted in REALLy badly and I felt pressure from all sides, so we held some tryouts where Running With Scissors, Magoo, Power & Glory, PiX, Chica Bonita, Chentvin, Morning Star, SoulSolution, and Limitless ended up joining the clan. We were QUITE huge and felt out of control. RiP was stacked quite nicely as well and I felt that this time could be best explained as a sort of coldwar or arms race between us two clans... as if we were trying to have the better players. They'd challenege us and most of us were like nah... we don't wanna do that, but some did and it was fun and all. We also started the tournaments in this little era of Ricochet.

I then had to take leave and Shakira left Rico for good... so I kinda left things be and the clan ended up splitting for the most part. Pix, JabbaHunt, Fritoman, and Power and Glory joined up in the clan OldSkool and did some cool stuff there. Morning Star, Chentvin, and some others came up with [VVV] and then I believe [GAG] and some other clans like [EViL] emerged. Oh there was a clan way back when called [RECTUM]... that's where the awesome player Pique could be found.

This pretty much bring us to now.. I am still leader of the clan the unTouchables, RiP is still alive with many awesome members like G-Boy, Acid_Head, Lil\Face, The_End, and many more... VVV is kicking very much and everyone's having a good time I suppose. Clans in ricochet are more liek clubs than the clans you might think of when referring to TFC or CS... for there just isn't much team action. There is, however, team responsibilities and all that good stuff. I know I'm very much of an idealist, so I'd plan out everything to the T pretty much for uT and yea it worked well most of the time. I just miss the players of old and the attempts at Leagues and Tournaments.

I would love for this game to not necessarily hit big, but receive enough budgeting to where it could be taken care of and fixed properly and then possibly be brought mainstream where leagues and tournaments will be more of a reality than they are now.

I hope this game lasts... it is DEFINITELY worth having around. The fun of the game, the awesome community, the cool friends... it just doesn't get much better than a good game of rico with your pals of old on a nice saturday afternoon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know all that happened afterwards.. but it looks like RiP, Ripped.. and we've got the first "just hanging out having a good time, feel good clan" or "club" known as KFC. Feel free to fill in the blanks.. or anything I missed. :thumb:
Man, I'm thinkng as hard as I can, before I joined uT, I was in a clan with Baas or something..pretty small..can't remember name! He left and said I could take over and I changed the name to MoS..then ended up in uT.

Good lil review:)I miss Hylander:(
Forgot [CAKE] and [DTC], not sure about cake but I know DTC(created in Severeds server) was before EViL,

I don't think VVV is alive nor EViL.
yeah it was a pretty good review, he already got chewed out for the [CAKE] oversight long time ago:)
but all and all a nice little history lesson, thanks CF
yea cloud..really nice. maybe someone should write a second part of the clan history. about the clans of the last year or so

ah I remember old school server. I Got banned for playign deathmach and using hte rebound trick for like 1 week. And they said something about vadavaka.com forums. And I was too dumb how to use the computer really I just got one for myself. And I had no idea how to sign up and stuff. I was always at the front page. So I went to GRits 24/7 arena server. Most player I remember was rulepool. and he razor9 and acid. But I had a dif name I forget. I think it was like baloo or something some random name. I Got banned for swearing at gwarsbane and kept spamming chat. But RulePool is the name I remember hte most out of all that early ricochet. and I remember the CAKE clan more than anything. Than I took a huge break cuz I was banned from both servers and Never got unbanned so I was like shit. lol. So when I came back to play again. I met this guy named razor9 RiP The End. He taught me how to play the real way like you guys. and I use to spend several hours.I mean like 7-8 hours a day trying to copy him and play like he plays. I admire him as a player so much. And even now I get chills when he jjoins the server. He would sit there for an hour or so showing me step by step. I remember those days man. I cant believe a random guy took time out just to even teach someone how to play the real way. I remember when you showed me that jump on deathmatch. I practiced that shit for 10 hours a day nearly lol. Rulepool and CakE wha? is the people I remember hte most though back in those times. they were soo good I had no idea how to play like them. But I remember I played my ass off against rulepools and got like 3 lucky rebounds in a row lol everyone was like "lol" and shit and laughing at him. OH!! one mor eguy I remember JOOZA. I remember him too. I missed out on so much stuff while I quit cuz I was banned from both servers. lol. But someone brought me in to history. And that was ma main man Razor! Even though like we play and stuff now and we use the same style its soo funny. But I abused your style so much I never went outside at all. I suck so much ass on the outside you were soo cool to watch dude. I use to watch you on deathmatch do those jumps walkon the bars and stuff on deathmatch. And you created your own KINDA walk lol with the spinnig thing from the top of the pads on deathmch1 and landing on the bar and spinning and shit. I dunno but if theyre were such. You were my rico hero. You showed me soo much stuff and I worked soo hard for it lol Even now I abuse your style and paly in the middle when I play you. I know you laugh razor when we play eachother. all we do is ":)" lol. Good Times good memories.
uT was a good clan with good people. Memories :thumb:
GRITS,Jun 10 2005, 03:33 PM Wrote:yeah it was a pretty good review, he already got chewed out for the [CAKE] oversight long time ago:)
but all and all a nice little history lesson, thanks CF
Might as well make a point of another "chewing out". Cake has been around the longest of all rico clans still around. So it was much of an oversight.:P

Other than that good job.:D
MaGoo is a gangster. I'm going to have to discredit your magnificent list, cf. You forgot the ground-breaking clan MoH, which included me, chent, and johnnykill. As such I can only label your account as malicious propaganda aimed at promoting whatever clan you are now in.
:D
I asked cloud to put in what he remembered. I was sort of hoping for the "you forgot us" posts so that we will have sort of a history thread
Well, since I have a little more free time on my hands than I originally anticipated today, I'll add my own version. Corrections would be greatly appreciated.

Our wonderful little tale of ricochet, the mod that could, begins back in the summer of love known as 2001. CS Retail had just been released, and people were wandering through the myriad of mods included in this price gouge of a bundle. This was when I, rws the cliche, originally stepped out on to the scene. After happening upon the gem that was ricochet with multiple friends, we all got into it and began playing together. Soon after, the TFC 1.1.0.5 (which included ricochet) was released to all Half-Life owners. At this point, ricochet immediately transformed into a barren wasteland of vapid stupidity and mayhem (little has changed, harhar), garnering an enormous (1000ish?) amount of servers compared to present day. This saw the emergence of such players as Shuttlecock, when simply shooting over the bar or being able to jump from the middle-back pad to the middle pads put you among the upper echelon of players.

Soon Ricochet entered the era Cloud previously described, as the community began to condense and "icons" emerged. This was about the time I dropped off the map, and ricochet was taken to an entirely new level. Fast foward about 9 months to May 2002 as I emerge from my cacoon to conquer the digital world in a haphazard and generally useless fashion. This was just about the time uT formed, and Shakira/Strider were generally considered the best, with some of the more "old school" players drifting away. About this time I ended up meeting Johnnykill, who, after seeing me play, eloquently stated, "who r u?" I understood that this must be a test of some sort, a taste of the things their inner, elite circle offered. I quickly sprung into action as I rebutted, "Of whom do you speak, kind sir? I am but a weary traveler from across the mountain. My village sent me to retrieve medicinal supplies from the city beyond the pass, as my sister has fallen very ill. I fear her time is running short, and I must make all due haste if there is to be any hope for her survival." Johnny didn't miss a beat, as he swiftly elbowed my insult aside, "wanna join my clan?" Outraged at this treason, there was only one thing for me to say, "Sure."

And I'm spent. I'll edit more of this epic saga in when I feel like it.
look forward to chapter 2, rws.
I will note that, from this point on, this recount does not reflect the opinions of any of the perpetrators involved, and is simply a recollection of my own thoughts and actions of the time. Laughter and variety are some of the spices of life, so I would hope we can all look back and enjoy different events for what they are.

And thus, =-=}][MoH][{=-= was born, with perhaps the ugliest tag the internet has ever seen. Whilst I was under the alias Mp, Chentvin shortly joined along with a few other talented players. The potential was there for greatness, for perfection, but alas, the good die young. Our valiant leader quickly hamstrung the clan, and MoH was left in a battered and broken state. I did not have the heart to face those troubled times, so I departed, and sought new adventures in new lands. As the elder months of summer approached, a new player emerged from among the teeming, mildly-stupid masses. It was the lovely player GRITS. This courageous gal, in all likelihood, does not think that anyone remembers (other than perhaps reb) the time or place of her very humble origins, but alas, we cannot all be so lucky. However, I quickly realized I had been deceived by her charming exterior; moments after our meeting, she launched into a brutal and vicious hostile takeover of the arena monopoly, shoving the NOH servers aside without a second thought. I tried to dissuade her from partaking in the power struggle, but all reason was lost on her, as actual admins began to actually administrate the arena server she had paid for. Truly horrendous.

During GRITS' mad grab for power along with her second in command, Rebauto, I had joined the clan iQ. If I remember correctly, it was noxious, powered by god, magoo, slasher-186, and I. Did we know what it stood for? No. Did we care? Probably. Forming our merry band of half-wits and hooligans, we really had no idea why we even created the clan, so we decided to try to kick ass and slightly remember names. My only explanation for this trivial endeavor was the bombardment of outside influences. The cool thing to do was be in a clan, and the pressure to do as such permeated the very air, choking and pushing you to foolishly let go of any sense of self and join a greater collective that would eventually break apart as people moved on with their lives whether it be job, family, or education!

More later.
During my eventful tenure in iQ, I was lucky enough to encounter a more “eclectic” group of individuals. One such of these individuals included a player by the name of acidhead. After a few encounters with said persona, I quickly came to one, simple conclusion. This guy was one of the biggest morons I had ever met over the internet. Naturally, we became fast friends. Now, another of these outlandish and eccentric characters was Gwarsbane. While his name offered nowhere near the defining details of acid’s, it held its own puzzles and dilemmas. What was a gwarsbane? Why did I care? This conundrum stretched on in a paradoxical loop that, in true rws fashion, I simply forgot about.

These two were like, well, acid_head and Gwarsbane. They simply did not click. Watching them interact was uncomfortable and emotionally upsetting, paralleling that moment when you realized you’ve been living a lie because Paris Hilton is neither a natural blonde nor does she actually have blue eyes. Acid and Gwar fought many a battle, some so epic in scope that only a work rivaling the Bible and Iliad could do them justice. Actually, I think just about that amount was written on the subject, but luckily for you, I am too lazy to go through the various volumes of material.

Inevitably, this bitter rivalry came to climax on the morning of June 2, 2003. I, myself, had awoken that morning at 4:00 AM in a sweat, a shiver of gut-wrenching proportions transpiring through my body. The very air had an unwelcoming sneer to it, each gasp being a physical labor that brought me closer to the brink of exhaustion. Something sinister was approaching, and I knew something had to be done. My mind began to race at a frantic and frenetic pace, why was I being so redundant? Why was I awake at 4 AM? I promptly leapt into action as I passed out on the floor, face angled for maximum exposure to the elements. By the sun’s rise I had forgotten the incident, and life was good. My how ignorance blankets us in complete bliss.

It was then that I, curious about the world around me, played an innocent game of ricochet. Filled with wonder and intrigue, I ventured forth onto the server. I had seen the fruit of temptation, and now it was time to taste. However, such feelings of new-found joy never last, and as soon as my feet hit the pad, I knew something was wrong. I couldn’t quite pin point the source of my uneasiness, even looking around I saw nothing to justify my worries, but still, I just couldn’t shake this feeling of foreboding. So I kept careful vigil, hoping I wouldn’t be taken unaware. It was then that the pieces of the puzzle began to fall into place, bringing us closer to the brink of the abyss. That’s right, acid_head had joined the server. Alone this would be no cause for worry, but earlier events, that I will outline later, had lined up the pins. It was then that it happened, Gwarsbane joined the server. My eyes squinted as I questioned whether to take immediate leave, or stick around for hilarity’s sake. I think we all know what I decided to do. Things quickly escalated, culminating in Exhibit A:

L 06/02/2003 - 01:00:40: "[*RiP*]_Acid_Head_<715><128083><715>" say "yand deserves a 600 minute ban"
L 06/02/2003 - 01:00:43: "[*RiP*]_Acid_Head_<715><128083><715>" say "right gwar?"
L 06/02/2003 - 01:00:45: "[*RiP*]_Acid_Head_<715><128083><715>" say "you jackass"
L 06/02/2003 - 01:00:55: "Gwarsbane<717><43118><717>" say "ok ACID thats it your gone"
L 06/02/2003 - 01:00:59: "[*RiP*]_Acid_Head_<715><128083><715>" say "hahahaha"
L 06/02/2003 - 01:01:02: "[*RiP*]_Acid_Head_<715><128083><715>" say "again"

Drama. After acid’s expulsion from Grits’ servers, the forums erupted in flames as various factions fought for positioning in the aftermath of the onslaught. Villages were pillaged, crops were burned, and a lot of boring stuff was written that I never read. However, certain comments could not fail to catch the eye, I’ll give you the sports highlights.

Quote:Someone's awful thinskinned today I see.  …I thought that Acid wanted us to forget about him so he could go about his life.

Getting mad at dozens of comments? Unthinkable! Take note, boys and girls, you have to get mad after the first negative statement. And you thought you wouldn’t learn anything today. Here’s another user’s insightful input, I’ll give you two quotes for added accuracy.

Quote:I WILL BELIEVE GWARS OVER YOU ANY DAY OF THE WEEK SO EITHER FOLLOW THE RULES OR STOP PLAYING THE GAME. JUST STOP THE ***I'm Stupid for Swearing***ING

Quote:i said "that is ***I'm Stupid for Swearing***" in IRC and he warned me and im sick of his goodie 2 shoes policing bullshit so i said so and he banned me.

Indeed, the battles were bloody, and I lost many a friend in that haunting massacre. Now, to look at the catalyst of this devastating event, we need to go back nearly a month, to the night of May 12, 2003. I shall now present Exhibit B:

L 05/12/2003 - 02:24:58: "[*RiP*]_Acid_Head_<739><128083><739>" say "iryiciayad,sjbmtoherhfucvjekr"

I know what you’re thinking. “Wow, acid’s typing has really improved, I can almost read what he’s saying now.” Alas, this was written under the influence, which improved his skill as a typist exponentially. I would post more of the log, but apparently it was lost in the Great Flood of 2004, this is all that remains of that precious material. As we have all extrapolated, this does indeed say “I r a her, jekr.” I can only assume acid misspelled jerk. Through expert testimony, he has told me that he did indeed have 1 or 2 beers, and remembers very little from that night. So based off the witness account of no one, I shall now rebuild the night in question.

Acid, arriving at his apartment on a recently stolen bike (being the responsible adult he is, he realized he was too drunk to drive), knew he was at the height of his game thanks to the wonder that is alcohol. Subsequently, he quickly joined Grits’ arena server. He could only look on in horror as he realized his grave mistake. There stood Gwarsbane, nemesis extraordinaire, staring him down with steely eyes of steeliness. Recoiling in disgust, acid knew that only a gentleman’s duel could slay this intimidating beast. Following proper procedure, they engaged in pre-insult exchange. This eventually came to a crescendo when Gwarsbane laid down judgment, “YOU DARE DEFY ME? I AM THE LAW!” Acid, strengthening his resolve, parried, “Grits should move the server to Germany, 1937 so you’d feel right at home, gwar.” Gwarsbane, being the gentleman that he is, commended acid on his well-timed retort, “Impressive, I must say that was quite the broad side attack.” Acid, able to take a compliment, “You flatter me. It’s simply a common reiteration of an even more common insult.” Gwarsbane, perfectly in stride with the ways of the cavalier, simply stated, “Ah, but its execution was flawless. Now, where were we?”

“Bannings and what not.” It was at this point that acid passed out on his keyboard, creating a pool of drool that later forced him to buy a new keyboard. Luckily for us, before he did so, his head happened to roll in such a way as to create a secret message that only the most astute of observers would notice. That’s right, iryiciayad,sjbmtoherhfucvjekr. Gwarsbane, master cryptologist, leapt into action as he quickly transferred it to 3 of his buddies down at the bureau. They confirmed the worst of his fears. Acid had indeed tried to camouflage the statement, “I r a her, jekr.” Gwarsbane was outraged, “CALL ME A JERK? THIS ENDS NOW!” Thus, [*RiP*]_Acid_Head_ was banned for 600 minutes, tipping the domino line that eventually led to his permanent ban. Ricochet has never been the same.

I'll write more at a later date, but I'd just like to say one thing. We look at the stars so that we may see the grains of sand, enjoy.
i laughed:)looking back at those threads and replies, i almost completely forgot about all of it. all of you fools hated me (and probably still do for all i know haha)

good times!
not really clan history.....maybe you should have started a community history thread

although humerous it is skewed and some quotation marks are misplaced
I am glad to see the original cryptic insult that was in the logs, it is so obvious to even those whose first language is not english that they can take the rest of your post tongue n cheek and not as fact^_^
I pride myself in my unbiased and accurate portrayal of the facts. I looked back, following Canadian logic, and still can't seem to find the errors, just a lot of terrible sentence structure.:(
not actually clan history but written in an entertaining way..I enjyed reading and Im waiting for more :D
RuNnInG_wIth_ScISsOrS,Aug 18 2005, 02:24 AM Wrote:I pride myself in my unbiased and accurate portrayal of the facts. I looked back, following Canadian logic, and still can't seem to find the errors, just a lot of terrible sentence structure.:(
canadian logic??? you mean beer right?
... or maple syrup...:D

This is complete BS though, you completely left out the mightiest clan ever, with 3 members, 2 of the three being me.

CHIPS!

yes, fear the glory...
A young lad and his newly met (at the time) friend, This lad was I, and this friend was a purple ape... a grape ape in fact... but, with great speed, the clan [CHIPS] was born from the marvelous discs... The roster was of the finest typers and talkers in the land... The ape took on a new name after seeing said lad in the game witht he name, "FunyanMan", after the lad had heard a funny commercial with said fried snack in it.. His name? FritoMan, and FunyanMan, after realizing that Funyans are neither "Fun", "Onion", or a chip, changed his name to, a great nacho chip named, DoritoMan.. the roster went like such...

[CHIPS]-FunyanMan
[CHIPS]-FritoMan
[CHIPS]-DoritoMan

Yes, 'tis true that I assisted in created a great mans, great name.

Without me, there would be no Fritoman, nor a Reciprocity for that matter, so tightly tied into the history of the game am I, that the world would implode without me.
Old school, haha. Yeah, I thought about it not really being clan history, but it was it was history nonetheless! Therefore, it must be recorded.