VadaVaka

Full Version: Tired of that fall pain noise?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just put these in \sound\player\, inside the ricochet folder.

You may need to create the folders, so don't wig out if it's not there.
Tired of that fall pain noise?

no

thanks for this though
I used to use differant sounds from other hl mods when playing rico. I used the "Medic" sound from DOD to replace the fall sound. I also used sounds from the Vampire Slayer mod to replace the sound of the decap to something more gruesome sounding.
I love it thanks:wub:
Nice!
yeah the sound can be a little old sometimes, but I have to have something there-- nothing would sound odd.
yeah man, if it isn't annoying where's the motivation to not fall? ;p

now if you can get it to say "HEADSHOT!" like in UT after only my decaps i'll bear 10 of your babies.
It's possible, I'm not at my pc right now(In school:P) so can't tell you the name of the .wav, but you can change all the sounds. I think I had my decap sound back on won as the cs chicken.
_Acid_Head_,Aug 2 2005, 08:01 AM Wrote:yeah man, if it isn't annoying where's the motivation to not fall? ;p

now if you can get it to say "HEADSHOT!" like in UT after only my decaps i'll bear 10 of your babies.
wow....just wondering what the kids are going to look like for you and miagi:P
acid....wouldn't be hard
get the sound file then figure out where the head slice noise is...make it loud enough so u can hear it from everywhere...it wouldn't be like it was coming from your comp but more farther away...in other words youd hear it from over there instead of here...but i dont think itd be much of a problem
Actually, fall pain is that 'pfft' noise it makes when you hit the ground from high up.

It doesn't take anything more than one of these blank wave files to 'silence' any given sound effect. Just copy/paste and rename.

I'll still post these for convenience. This pack of waves is for you, if you hate the screams from touching a trigger_fall.
They go in \sound\.
Yeah well that's the impossible without more serious moding part, make it say it only when i decap someone else, and not from far away:P
_Acid_Head_,Aug 3 2005, 01:28 PM Wrote:Yeah well that's the impossible without more serious moding part, make it say it only when i decap someone else, and not from far away:P
That will be alot more babies then ten mister
amazing
WOOOT I got the Decap+Headshot sound. Iluvatar gave me the file months ago thanks to him :thumb:

just replace the old decap.wav in the ricochet/sounds folder
Now that I've discovered this sticky topic and found out a way to replace the original Ricochet sound files, I have replaced for instance the freeze shatter sound with a funny cartoon crash sound. Download and have it if you'd like to. ^_^