VadaVaka

Full Version: Stupid school blocking thingies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm surprised i can even get on any forums on here. I'm trying to gte on irc but the java client will not work because of stupid school problems I think. Unlesss maybe it's a problem with it.

Also... 30seconds is a LONG time to wait between posts when you have NOTHING else to do....

god i hate being bored.... at least i'm online
damn, i just realized that no-one else is on even the forums./...
I do believe you may be able to get on to mIRC through the forums link. Just change your name when you come it because it reads as if you are vadavakairc I think
Same situation here. They block from downloading anything. Java irc won't work for me.

I do believe there's a cgi one on fueledmod's site.

Hrm. I'll try it around 12..
Speaking of irc, I've always had problems with it but every computer I've tried, on or off campus gives me some kind of error. Wish I knew what to do.
you can't even get on the link at my school
Sounds like a simple packet filter, Noose. I'm going to see if I can whip up a simple bypass. Try other IMs in the mean time.
I use to visit the forums the past two years, I guess me alone caught their interest and blocked it from the school.:(
What does it mean if I keep on timing out whenever I try to log in to irc?
It would mean you aren't getting a TCP_SYN/ACK in response to your TCP_SYN. In other words: you're hearing it ring, but nobody is picking up.

Something somewhere is stopping either your SYN or their SYN/ACK. Check the GameSurge site for any indication of them not allowing schools to connect. If there's nothing there, it's probably the school's doing.
After thinking about it in my typing class, I thought against the idea. I remember when gamesurge did their little port scan on me and ended up flooding my router. Doubt my school would like that.

Now I think I'll just use this remote desktop program I have and just connect to my home computer.