VadaVaka

Full Version: what its like to be a frito driver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
here are some pics of my truck and the inside to get an idea what I drive everyday for anywhere from 60 to 140 miles
the drivers seat and all the things I use for my job, in the middle mounted to the doghouse of the truck is my handheld that I enter the orders on, in the upper right where you would see a backup mirror I have a backup monitor with a camera mounted to the back of the truck so I can see while backing, the printer for my handheld is to the right of the doghouse and the fan and cassette player are mounted almost right in front of me
picture of the right inside of my truck
and then the leftside
and heres one from back to front, if you notice I have a sunroof that runs the full length of my truck
If I ever visit you... don't look in the back of your truck till after I am back home ok.

Mmmmmm chips :D
When you said.

Quote:I drive everyday for anywhere from 60 to 140 miles

I thought you were saying you drive from 60 mph - 140 mph :P
You take that home with you? I figured you would have to drive to like the company lot every morning to pick it up.
Power and Glory,Sep 25 2005, 03:42 PM Wrote:You take that home with you? I figured you would have to drive to like the company lot every morning to pick it up.
naw you are sposta but I just take it home and no one says anything about it, saves me about 45 mins doing it this way in the morning. I was taking it to the warehouse because they have been working on the street in front of my house for the past 5 months, but they are almost done and I am tired of driving extra in the morning.

Miagi top speed in this truck is only about 90 mph, when I got it overhauled they forgot to put the govener back on so I was very happy :D
fritoman,Sep 25 2005, 04:54 PM Wrote:Miagi top speed in this truck is only about 90 mph, when I got it overhauled they forgot to put the govener back on so I was very happy :D
nice:D

Looks realy clean:P
it gets dusty as hell in there and almost impossible to keep it looking good^_^
that's not a frito truck its a dorito truck
GRITS,Sep 25 2005, 05:45 PM Wrote:that's not a frito truck its a dorito truck
yeah but that wouldnt fit my name very well :P my first truck had a bag of fritos on it
Did you clean it up for the picture? Cuz ive seen the back of a few of those trucks, and it looks like a cardboard bomb went off.
It was a light day today and my swingshift guy "the guy who works my route on my days off" cleans the truck after he is done with my route because thats the way I leave it for him. I hate a dirty truck...makes it much harder to do your job.
bumped for 8up because he just learned today that I work for fritolay....he just thought I liked fritos so thats what my name should be:P
Hey, you didn't have to tell everyone I'm a woozlehead.:blsh:

well...i guess they knew that anyway...