VadaVaka

Full Version: Gameday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know everyone, especially PnG, was talking about having another hl2 game day, but no one went beyong talking. Sooo here it is.

I'll even make another video, maybe a shorter one than before :rolleyes:

The day: Check the poll and vote.
http://www.vadavaka.com/forums/index.php?a...=ST&f=26&t=4876
If this goes official let me know so that I can test the shitload of maps I have. See if they work on the server and also add them to the fast download.

Been wanting to play for a long time. Be nice to test my new logitech mouse that arrives this week.:D
It's a go. New maps will be uploaded Saturday morning. Most probaly have not seen alot of the current ones. So those should keep anybody busy for awhile.

Server will not be locked this time around so we can get some traffic as the server has been getting very few people as of late. However if we have enough community people on we can lock it for a time to play and to save some spots for others.

Took me awhile tonight to test new maps. I had close to 40 maps and found about 10 new what I think are semi decent. So the next step though is the Linux test to see what ones are compatible. Then they will be officially added to the fast download for you all.

Have Fun.
thanks for you work PnG !!!;)
and enjoy your mouse, which one did you go with?
Temporary password is hl2partytime for a little bit then it will go back to no password.

I went with the new Logitech G5 Laser Mouse. Mostly cause it was cheaper than the new Razer one.
Gameday has been extended through Sunday due to low turnout from server issues. They have been resolved so if anybody wants to get a game on I will be on IRC and Xfire.

Most of the time was spent just having Miagi and me screwing around with the physics or map items. So that is another reason we are extending this.
Power and Glory,Oct 8 2005, 07:15 PM Wrote:Temporary password is hl2partytime for a little bit then it will go back to no password.

I went with the new Logitech G5 Laser Mouse. Mostly cause it was cheaper than the new Razer one.
Ive got the razer viper, its sweet. I have a few friends who are jealous of it.
Thanks to the small few that showed up. It was bust in my eyes, but hey you can't please everybody. However I will not do another one of these again. Too much time and effort for what amounted to crap this weekend. I wasn't expecting alot of people to begin with, but enough to get a small game going. That could not even be achieved.

Anymore if people want to get a game on they know where to find me or the server.:thumb:
Thanks for all your hard work and effort, I know it can be disheartening, but we have some great new maps on the server now
There was nice little group on when I played, only one person I recognized as a regular, so that is encouraging
I tried to play but as you know, I had that weird map problem, sorry man but if you ever want someone to play against...just let me know.
MrDucklover,Oct 10 2005, 02:05 PM Wrote:I tried to play but as you know, I had that weird map problem, sorry man but if you ever want someone to play against...just let me know.
That was from some of the maps not being on the fast d/l. That was fixed 10 minutes after you asked me through xfire. You had left irc and xfire though so I could not get back in touch with you.

Yeah maybe some other time.
Sorry bud. My computer also decided to turn into psycho and freak out completely. I couldn't even access the internet for a while. I appreciate your help and I'll be glad to play in another gameday if you want to try again or just for fun sometime.

:-)
What really is preventing me from busting out and playing Death Match is the lack of time. December when I will have time to play again. I look forward to playing on maps with the new optimizations that were added recently.

I just want to let all of you know that I'm interested in playing on Vad's DM server again. Until I do have time, I'm not playing any other games.

Is a gameday in December possible?
Anything is possible as long as people want to play. We have Thanksgiving and Christmas where we can possibly schedule something atound those days. Like I said though as long as there is interest.