VadaVaka

Full Version: Xbox 360 crash fix found
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=27930

Quote:Xbox 360 crash fix found
It involves string

By Nick Farrell: Friday 25 November 2005, 07:52

A GAMER fed up with his new Xbox 360 crashing every 20 minutes has fixed the problem by raising the power supply off the ground with some string.
Dan, from Duluth, or 'goldeneyemaster' as he is known, told the game spot forum here that he thinks the main reason that the xBox 360 freezes is because the power supply overheats. The solution is to lift the power supply off the floor and allow the air to circulate better around it.

Another simple method involved getting a box with no cover and putting the power supply on the edges.

As a result, he was able to leave his machine on for a stonking seven hours without it freezing up.

Other gamers to the site report that the idea works for them too. Many of them note with relief that since it is the power supply that is clearly the problem, rather than the box itself, it should be fairly easy for Microsoft to replace.

Basically just lift it in the air somehow so that all sides radiate heat, maybe even point a fan towards the power supply and the crashing should go away.
Wow... and people are actually *smart* enough to pay over 500 dollars for that thing? Ridiculous. :(
How about just returning it and getting it replaced? Thats what warranties are for. That seems to be way too much hassle to get something to work. Not everybody is having these problems including people I know. People who have problems with any kind of product tend to be more vocal than people who have no problems. This is the same with any new electronic device.

Playstation 2 launch was alot worse than this.

I guess I'm stupid and a ass (or whatever adjective you mean by *smart*) then Cloud for purchasing one.:rolleyes:
Two people in colorado got into a fist fight over one; I laughed pretty hard at that.
Lol @ PNG... I just can't see the point in spending THAT much money on a "game console"... especially when I could build a computer that is eons better, does much much more.. and for roughly the same price.
PS3 will suck eventually, sony has built in obsolesence to the max....
CloudFuel,Nov 27 2005, 03:12 PM Wrote:Lol @ PNG... I just can't see the point in spending THAT much money on a "game console"... especially when I could build a computer that is eons better, does much much more.. and for roughly the same price.
Really I would like to see this comp that you build that is eons better for $399 the cost of the 360.

Anyway in the long runs who gives a shit? It one of my many hobbies. I bet you spend money on stuff that I would consider stupid. Would I say anything about it? No.

Don't concern yourself with how others spend their money. Worry about yourself.
I could care less about a glitch, I'm buying this mother:) I can't wait, hooked up to my 52" DLP HDTV with 5.1:) Can't wait to shoot ya on Live, PnG :P
Woah.. wasn't meaning to turn this into a direct confrontation.. and the going price for the xbox 360 that I have been seeing is upwards of 800... so that's what I based my statement on. I'm totally for gaming.. I'm just so surprised at the price of the xbox 360.. in that it's easily twice as much as any other system out there... I don't ever remember any other system being that high even when they first came out! I can't even imagine what the PS3 is gonna pull in for a price.... jeez... :mellow:
CloudFuel,Nov 27 2005, 05:44 PM Wrote:Woah.. wasn't meaning to turn this into a direct confrontation.. and the going price for the xbox 360 that I have been seeing is upwards of 800... so that's what I based my statement on. I'm totally for gaming.. I'm just so surprised at the price of the xbox 360.. in that it's easily twice as much as any other system out there... I don't ever remember any other system being that high even when they first came out! I can't even imagine what the PS3 is gonna pull in for a price.... jeez... :mellow:
The hardware is not low-end so they probably still had to pay a lot for manufacturing enormous amounts of 360's.

So they are probably trying to get some back so they can quickly decrease the price towards christmas..
Yea I knew the hardware was pretty stud-tastic.. so yea I guess that makes sense that they skyrocket the price now and then drop it way down later... considering that pretty much everyone was sold out on DAY 1... I'd say that objective was a success.
I read in the globe and mail (canadian newspaper) that Microsoft was losing 150 bucks (give or take) per system sold, not sure if that was american or canadian.

I think its a lot of money to spend, but if you like gaming, and have the money i say get one. (I would have if i had the money). But the really dumb thing is how much ppl are willing to spend on it to get it a few days earlier. I took a quick glance at ebay, the highest I saw the 360 going for was 3,900 US or about 4500 canadian.
Yeah spending that much on ebay is abit insane. People just need to be patient and they will get one.

Though there is no way around spending close to 500 for a premium. If you factor in tax and even 1 game you are well over 450. Though for people who want nothing to do with Xbox Live then you should buy the core for 299 and save yourself a hundred dollars.

Yeah Microsoft loses about 175 bucks per premium system sold. It about the same as the last console. Probaly will take them a couple years to start turning a profit on the hardware. The money is in the software being sold.