VadaVaka

Full Version: new internet cafe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
they just opened this place up here in town so Josh and I went to check it out. All the computers and xbox games are free to use and the pool table and band are free also, only thing that costs is the drinks.
thats a VW bug crashing threw the ceiling, and the xbox station is in the back, you have to stand up to play it and look up at the monitors which is kind of a cool set up.
hmm, we need internet cafes like that here. Are the drinks expensive frito?
not really, its run by a church and I think what they are trying to do is keep the kids off the street
Frito, what do they run on the computers? Just games or other stuff?
they just have internet access, the games are all on the xboxs in the back, there are 4 of them, but as far as online compter games they dont have any :blink:I was wondering what online games a church would find acceptable, I guess none :P
Before I read the church bit i was about to ask if they sold beer. Theres a club round near me that used to have a little gaming section near the bar. Trouble is everything got broken.
The reason I asked about what was on the computers is I am working on an idea for a product that would work at places like schools, internet cafes, etc. where banks of computers are provided.

The idea is to be able to boot a complete operating system in top of any computer running (Windows, Linux, Mac) with access to the user's browser favorites, email, music, applications all contained on a USB drive. The guest computer (USB) would have access to the host computer's network connection, speakers and printer, if applicable. The host computer would not re-boot to the USB drive but the guest computer would run on top.

I currently have a proof-of-concept sample running and am now working to make it faster, more efficient and easy to use.

Unfortunately, at this time I don't think the technology is there yet to run Half-Life or other 3D games using this method but at some point in time it could be possible.

desNotes
... got it copyrighted?:D
' Wrote:... got it copyrighted?:D

The name(s) of the products will be copyrighted. The code will not be patented but be licensed under GPL, LGPL and/or BSD. It is an open source project so someone could come along and copy it. However, what I will provide is a turn-key operation with ease of use and support.

I will have a web site up soon that will describe it in more detail and provide beta versions for testing.

desNotes