VadaVaka

Full Version: Recipies.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As a community I'm sure we all have our food recipies, cooking a snack for myself tonight I thought, what the hell why not share some recipies. So here's the thread. Share a reicipe how to cook it.
Here is one of mine that is very famous with my Family.

Sausage Balls.

2 Cups Bisquick
10 oz. chedder cheese, grated (you can typically use any cheese you desire just grate it.)
1 pound hot sausage.

Mix together the bisquick, cheese, and sausage. Make sure it is well mixed.
Shape into balls (you can also, if you wish during the shaping include an olive in the sausage ball, all up to you.)
and bake on a cookie sheet for 15 minutes or until browned in a 400 degree oven.

Easy and quick bake. Great as a starter and I'm sure you'll love them.

Have fun.
sushi

ingridents:
cell phone
credit card

The hardest part is finding a place that delivers, its usually take out.
"Special" Fried Rice

Ingredients:

Rice
Soy Sauce
whatever you have lying around that looks like it will fry
Possibly some garlic and/or chili if can be bothered

1. Boil the rice (if lazy you can use the microwave so long as you remember the water).
2. Chop up the other stuff while this is happening.
3. Put rice in a pan and fry it along with everything else.

Theres a proper student recipie for you. Cheap, lazy, and serves as many as you like as long as you have enough rice.
Bachelor salad

1 head of lettuce torn in two
1 bottle of dressing
1 sink

pour dressing on lettuce while leaning over the sink, nothing to clean up except rinsing the sink:)

Actually I think this is a cool thread and I will put in one of my favorite real recipes later
Pot Roast.

Ingrediants.
Kosher Salt
Cumin
Garlic powder
Chuck roast (get one with a bone, yes the bone cost a little more but I will help in the long run.)
Olives
Bloody mary mix
Old bay spice.
Olive juice
Inculde any vegitables you wish, good refridgerator cleaner.
Balsamic vinegar
Olive oil
Rub the chuck roast with the Kosher salt, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, and old bay spice. Turn your stove up to high heat and put a sauce pan, or whatever you have on it. Give it 5 minutes to heat up, then put some olive oil in the pan, put the chuck roast into the pan, two minutes on the first side, three on the other. This creates a little crispy ness to the meat. Get the meat out of the pan and keep the pan on. Add the bloody mary mix and balsamic vinegar to it, let that get mixed well in with the chuck roast meat. Then add all your vegtables and olive juice to the mix. Let that simmer for 10 min in the pan. By now you should turn on the oven to 190 degrees. Take your roast pan and cover it in tin foil (This is essitial.) Add some of the sauce from the pan, put the meat in, then apply the rest of the sauce. Fold it all up in tin foil and put this entire thing into the oven for 3 and a half hours. After the time is up let it sit on the counter for another 30 minutes. Here I would take the meat out of the sauce, and the sauce to the blender and blend well. Then server the meat and the sauce (which by now should be gravey) and enjoy.
(this recipe is awesome tasting, easy and fun to make, I've had it, but unfortunately a little impractical unless you're having a gathering. It takes a little time gathering everything you need to make it)

Seafood Boil

Stock:
3 gallons water
2/3 cup salt
1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
2 packages dry crab boil
1 cup liquid crab boil
1 tablespoon hot sauce
1 tablespoon special seasoning mix (recipe follows)
2 bay leaves
Crawfish, vegetables, and sausage:
12 new potatoes
3 ears corn, cut into thirds
3 artichokes
1 foot polish sausage, cut into 8 equal links
3 lemons, halved
2 yellow onions, peeled and quartered
2 heads garlic, halved
6 pounds live crawfish
6 pounds large, head on shrimp
1 cup melted butter, as an accompaniment
1 can of your favorite beer
French bread, as an accompaniment

In a large stockpot fitted with a basket insert, combine the stock ingredients and bring to a boil.
Add the potatoes, corn, and artichokes. Cover and bring back to a boil, about 5 minutes. Add the sausage, lemons, onions, and garlic, cover the pot and return to a boil, about 5 minutes. Add the crawfish and shrimp, cover, and turn off the flame. Allow the mixture to steep for 20 minutes.

To serve, line a table with brown paper bags and newspaper. Lift the basket from the stock and drain. Dump the basket ingredients directly on newspaper and dig in with your bare hands. Serve with melted butter, some good beer, French bread, and paper towels.

(secret seasoning):
2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
1 tablespoon dried thyme

Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar or container.
Yield: about 2/3 cup
That is very close to what we call Beaufort Stew or Frogmore Stew except we use east coast shrimp and crab

and no artichokes:)(sounds like a west coast thing)

The shrimpers are out on the water all day while someone at home starts the pots boiling with the corn, sausage and potatoes, when the shrimpers come in you decap the shrimp and toss them in the pot, couple minutes later you drain the pot and dump it on an aluminum foil covered table so that people can pick out the things they want on their plates and being a southern thing....we have biscuits Frogmore Stew
(also known as "Lowcountry Stew" and "Beaufort Boil")

Quote:It seems that this seafood "boil" is a fairly recent recipe, not older than 60 years and more likely only about forty years old. According to Beaufort historian Gerhard Spieler, the kind of link sausage used in Frogmore Stew came to this area no earlier than the 1940s as a result of immigration (before then Beaufortonians used only patty-type sausage). Mr. Spieler believes that the recipe was the invention of local shrimpers who used whatever food items they had on hand to make a stew.

Sarah Rutledge's 1847 Charleston cookbook, The Carolina Housewife, had no recipes like the present-day mix of shrimp, corn and sausage. In a 1991 telephone interview, Emory Campbell, executive director of Penn Center on St. Helena Island, does not remember anything like the present-day Frogmore Stew when he was growing up – although boiled shrimp has always been a part of Sea Island daily life. Another St. Helena Island native, Agnes Sherman, could not recall any traditional recipe similar to what she preferred to call "Lowcountry Stew" (because Frogmore is only one of several St. Helena Island communities).

Richard ###### of ###### Seafood Company claimed to have invented Frogmore Stew. On National Guard duty in Beaufort about 40 years ago, he was preparing a cookout of leftovers for his fellow guardsmen. He brought the recipe home with him, and it soon became popular in this area. According to ######, the Steamer Restaurant on Lady's Island was the first establishment to offer Frogmore Stew commercially, almost 20 years ago. ###### campaigned to have Frogmore Stew declared the official seafood dish of South Carolina, but the recipe remains an "unofficial" delight.

(Above information based on 1991 telephone interviews with persons named and on The Carolina Housewife by Sarah Rutlege)

Frogmore Stew Recipe:

Here is a Frogmore Stew recipe, based on the South Carolina Wildlife Cookbook version, which serves 30 people.

INGREDIENTS:

10 pounds smoked beef sausage in long links
2 dozen ears shucked, cleaned corn
1/2 bushel crabs
15 pounds shrimp, headed
2 small boxes of seafood seasoning (which brand is best has been a matter of friendly controversy)
INSTRUCTIONS:

Use a big, 20-gallon pot filled to about half full with water. The best thing is to clean the crabs before you put them in the pot. You can use the whole crab, too, but it takes up more room in the pot and is messier to eat.
Cut sausages in one-inch sections. Bring water to a boil put sausage and seasoning bags in water and let boil for about 10 minutes or so.
Put the corn in and bring back to a boil. Then put the crabs in and bring back to a boil. Finally, add the shrimp, and when the water comes back to a boil, pour off water. Serves 30 people.
btw Welcome back lil'
1 boneless rib eye steak, 1 1/2-inch thick
Canola oil to coat
Kosher salt and ground black pepper
Place 10 to 12-inch cast iron skillet in oven and heat oven to 500 degrees. Bring steak(s) to room temperature.
When oven reaches temperature, remove pan and place on range over high heat. Coat steak lightly with oil and season both sides with a generous pinch of salt. Grind on black pepper to taste.
Immediately place steak in the middle of hot, dry pan. Cook 30 seconds without moving. Turn with tongs and cook another 30 seconds, then put the pan straight into the oven for 2 minutes. Flip steak and cook for another 2 minutes. (This time is for medium rare steaks. If you prefer medium, add a minute to both of the oven turns.)
Remove steak from pan, cover loosely with foil, and rest for 2 minutes. Serve whole or slice thin and fan onto plate.
' Wrote:"Special" Fried Rice

Ingredients:

Rice
Soy Sauce
whatever you have lying around that looks like it will fry
Possibly some garlic and/or chili if can be bothered

1. Boil the rice (if lazy you can use the microwave so long as you remember the water).
2. Chop up the other stuff while this is happening.
3. Put rice in a pan and fry it along with everything else.

Theres a proper student recipie for you. Cheap, lazy, and serves as many as you like as long as you have enough rice.

but i don't like rice >.<

heres my recipe for a proper student meal.

BEANS ON TOAST
Open tin of Heinz Baked Beans, but them in a saucepan and put on moderate heat.
Put 4 slices of bread in the toaster, and stir the beans until the toast pops. When the toast pops your beans are likely to be ready so take them off the heat. Butter the toast and put it on a place then pour the beans on top of it.

EXTRAAAAA
If you can be bothered, grated cheese goes well on top of the beans:P
I have some good recipies, but most of them I don't know what the measurements are. Just start mixing things together until it tastes good, or you can't salvage it.
a good cracker dip.

-a couple/few spoonfuls of cream cheese
-a couple/few squirts of hot sauce to taste
-a couple/few dashes of rosemary and/or dill

the measurements pretty much rely on the individual, but it tastes good. If you wanna get fancy, throw some avacado slices on top.

Quote:Open tin of Heinz Baked Beans
heinz would appreciate the free advertisement frooty.
' Wrote:The shrimpers are out on the water all day while someone at home starts the pots boiling with the corn, sausage and potatoes, when the shrimpers come in you decap the shrimp and toss them in the pot, couple minutes later you drain the pot and dump it on an aluminum foil covered table so that people can pick out the things they want on their plates and being a southern thing....we have biscuits Frogmore Stew
(also known as "Lowcountry Stew" and "Beaufort Boil")

the bolded part is a nice touch grits.
you know when I wrote it it was subliminal but I reread and thought someone would say something, didnt think it would take quite this long though:)
thanks squishy:heartbeat: