VadaVaka

Full Version: PlanetSide Reserves
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Planetside has put out a free version, with some restrictions on total rank. The Planetside Reserves. Its a fun, mmofps with lots of action. I suggest you at least try it. I'm a Terran Republic pilot on the Emerald server. Hope to see you on the front lines.
It's free till March 24, 2007. Plus you can only play the go up to level 6 in it. I don't see the point in getting too involved with something with that big of a restriction in rank.

I tried Planetside on a couple of occasions a couple years ago and the first person shooter part needed alot of work in my opinion. Maybe I will give it another look sometime in the future.

The game must not be doing too well if Sony is doing this.

Q: While playing the demo, will I be able to work towards merits?
A: Yes. All of your kill statistics towards merits will count, but some merits do not apply until after you’ve reached a higher battle rank. So, you may not be able to get all your merits while in your demo period.

Q: Will a PlanetSide Reserves account be able to obtain a BFR?
A: You will be able to finish the prerequisites for obtaining a BFR but you will not be able to get the imprinting of the BFR until the account is upgraded to a paying account.

Q: Will I have any identifying feature on my character to single me out as a PlanetSide Reserves player?
A: Fortunately for you, no. Until you unlock your account and gain enough XP to reach Battle Rank 7 your armor design will be the same. If you want to avoid being singled out as a lower level player, purchase the client and upgrade to a paying account as soon as possible.

Thats all from the FAQ section of the "free" version. So basically whats the point. Unless you plan on upgrading to a pay account the game will get real boring fast once you hit battle rank 6.