VadaVaka

Full Version: Ricochet 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
umm, i can't believe i'm saying this...but it might be fun to work on a ricochet port to the new hl2 engine...might be the only way to save this game for a while longer but much more than that, it could be fun.

new textures, higher definition models, effects only possible w/ the new engine...could be a great i think we should wait and see if valve tinkers w/ rico some more but i doubt they will. anyways, i was thinking it would be neat to get a team together and register the idea at moddb.

be a great opportunity for people to show off their talents. no rush (well, [CAKE]rUsh is certaintly invited ^_^) on the project, just something we can work at in our spare time. anyways, reply to the post if your interested...the way i see it, we need: programmers, mappers, skinners, modelers, animators, sound/effects, texture artists, and i'm probably leaving something out...could make for a good portfolio piece.

most of the code and game logic can be "gutted" from ricochet, so it won't take "too" long...and we should be able to get our hands on the hl2 SDK right now (or at least soon) i think.
you left out 2d artist,sprite maker:)
You think if we emailed valve about rico they would tell us if they are goin to have a rico 2?
Well the dev team did say that mods from HL1 would easily be transferable to the HL2 engine.
Ha Ha new textures? like green and yellow instead of blue and red? :P
I am certainly anxiously awaiting to see not only what HL2 will be like but also the SDK. I think it would be fun to port Ricochet over to HL2 if it is not included, which I seriously doubt. We might even be able to get the source-type files for the main maps.

I would sign up as a coder.
i'm in, unfortnatley i know jack about programming :huh: but i will sign up for a tester ^_^
good, i'd be glad to have you onboard evil and anon. if we can just make the transition to the hl2 engine, then we can take our time and improve upon it as we see fit.

we all lead busy lives...so i plan on the project taking some time. the time would be shortened if we get more people and divide the various tasks amongst ourselves. this is something that i want to finish though.

anyways, i'm signing myself up as a coder.
All,

Yeah this stuff needs to be at least considered.

Now that I am finally through with my computer problems and will have some time, I will come good on my attempt to reach some rc representatives about answers to questions you all have. If possible I will do it in interview form, but whatever. I will get what I can.

I will give an update on this on Friday.

Beastie
good luck beatie, we're pulling for you, we're all in this together
ok... settle down red-green....^_^
Good idea asm.:thumb: I sure hope the have rico for HL2, but if the don't you can put
me down for a Texture Artist or Skinner.:D
i can supply the handymans secret weapon:P
Well, I don't know programming, and I don't really want to learn anytime. I use to be decent at building places but that has changed... so I guess if you need anymore testers I'll be happy to fill that spot.
oooooo..testing would be fun.....but ya..i can't program....I did make a stopwatch once though..ummm..if i remember i could make a stopwatch for the game..but i don't remember...and a stopwatch would be...usele---I'll just stop tlaking now.....