VadaVaka

Full Version: No more mirc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We had a hacker get in and my dad fixed the thing to where only messnegers Such as aim,msn,yahoo, games and internet works and the website mirc dont even work so guess i wont be coming on anymore untill he decides to take the thing down lil bit.
Uhm... why would a hacker target a regular civillian pc? unless he was a noob... lol. You more than likely had a virus. lol

Anyhow, look forward to your return:)
Scope, Fr0oTcakes is right....sounds more like a virus

normally received from:
* sites of ill repute
* running a program such as a "hack" or "cheat" for a game
* opening attachments of ill repute from emails
* running cracks or warez

Does the computer have a firewall?
What about virus protection?

You'll need to do a few things...
Or maybe the hacker got in from a virus?
' Wrote:Or maybe the hacker got in from a virus?

Still a downloaded virus/trojan/whatever.

normally received from the list i made in the prior post
Definatley not hacks for games.
My friend was on computer the day before and downloaded this thing i dunno if that was it dont remmeber name of it i deleted it right away.
What was this thing your friend downloaded?
Some game thing from dif launguage site thats when me and my dads comp started having problems
Anyway...answer my other two questions...
Firewall /nortan
OK...do you have a router?

and get an anti-virus software.....
Yes router
Not to sound harsh or anything, but why do you keep letting these so called "friends" on your computer? Everytime this happens its always a friend did it. I don't know if this is always the case and you are just fibbing abit. I think you need to take better care of your PC.

If it is a friends issue then stop allowing them access to your comp unless you plan on watching what they do. This happens to you way too often.
' Wrote:We had a hacker get in and my dad fixed the thing to where only messnegers Such as aim,msn,yahoo, games and internet works and the website mirc dont even work so guess i wont be coming on anymore untill he decides to take the thing down lil bit.

Uh... Just tell him to allow mirc to work because messengers are just as "dangerous", if not more.

Since you have a router, I doubt a "hacker" hacked into your computer. It would be almost impossible and pointless. Like the others said, it was probably a trojan.

The ONLY way you can get a virus/trojan in both is if you click a link or accept a file. But seriously, I think messengers are worse than irc. On messengers, you more than likely trust your friends and click the link ASAP, but on mirc I hope you don't click links from strangers...

So yeah... Tell him Mr. Miagi from VadaVaka told you, to tell him, to unblock mirc since it's silly to unblock messengers and leave mirc blocked.

Also, like 8 said, what kind of anti-virus do you have? If you are using free AVG Anti-virus, ditch it and download antivir from http://www.free-av.com/

I've tested AVG and antivir. The results: Antivir found more.

If you paid for it, then it "should" be fine.
Don't you love parents who try to pretend that they "know" about computers and keep you from doing stuff... LOVELY.

But seriously... your comp. needs a makeover and your friend needs a boot in the ass.
i allow them on cause i dunt feel like arguing with them sayin they cant get on.
Code:
if (friendAsks)
{
   if (stricmp(whatScopeSays, "no") == 0)
   {
      // What kind of argument is it going to start?
      // Is he going to stop being your friend?
      if (stillFriend)
      {
         // Congratulations!  You've successfully stood up for yourself.
         Scope = ++man;
      }
      else
      {
         // Congratulations!  You've successfully stood up for yourself.
         jokersAsking2UseComp--;

// Was he really a friend in the first place?
         ScopesFriendCnt -= 0;
      }
   }

if (stricmp(whatScopeSays, "yes") == 0)
   {
      // Uh oh!  We got the possibility of another virus
      Scope = --man;
   }
}

if (1)
{
   Scope = --man;
}
heh 8, owned:o

:D
lol.
Xchat to your rescue!
Scope, you get that irc port unblocked?

maybe some iExlax?
If you really want to, find the internal area login ip for your router, get a good brute force program (http://www.hoobie.net/brutus/) and add whatever your default port is to the allowed range for your IP (find this by going to tool>options, should be on the front page when you open that up) OR change your port in mIRC to that of AIM YIM or MSNM

ICQ/AIM=5190
YIM=1095/38130
MSNM=1863

should fix you up