VadaVaka

Full Version: Deciding what to do with my money...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay i've got a couple of things i'd really like to do with the money i've saved up, but only enough to do one of them, so give your oppinions on what i should do:

- Repair my PDA
I have my PDA back
$170:(half the price of my pda to begin with

- Buy a new snowboard
No worrying about renting when i go snowboarding
Probably could still use my old board that's 5 years old and too small, and would probably not work out money wise between rentals and the times i go snowboarding

- New Graphics Card
A nice upgrade from my 9800pro
Don't play that many newer pc games, and should probably wait for a DX10 card

- Other various upgrades to my pc
newer pc?
My computer work okay already for what i do i supose

- Car stereo
Pros: Be able to plug my ipod directly into my car without a crappy fm transmitter

- Blow it on video games
but i havn't beetin the 3 of the last 4 i bought and want to get around to doing that first

Also, i'm open to any other suggestions, including continuing to save
Or send it to frootball cause he has no money :thumb:

we know which option gets my vote.
It's kind of hard to say when we don't know how much money is available.
200 right now, and my paychecks run about $65/week but i keep some out for my wallet when i need it
well if you need some snowboard advice, i sell em at work.

How tall is the board on you? neck, collar bone, lips, nose etc. What kind of riding do you like to do? How long have you been doing it? How good are you? What other equipment do you need? bindings boots etc.

If your thinking of spending about 170 bucks on a board itself your probably looking at an entry level board, So I'm assuming thats your goal.
I'd say stick it away in a retirement account.
It's never too early to start.
Quote:anonymity' date='Dec 3 2006, 11:58 PM' post='52119']
well if you need some snowboard advice, i sell em at work.

How tall is the board on you? neck, collar bone, lips, nose etc. What kind of riding do you like to do? How long have you been doing it? How good are you? What other equipment do you need? bindings boots etc.

If your thinking of spending about 170 bucks on a board itself your probably looking at an entry level board, So I'm assuming thats your goal.
No, the 170 was just for repairing my ipaq that i already spent $300 on to buy....

I know i'd be paying more for a snowboard. I just need the board though, I've got Burton boots and bindings that fit. I've been going at it for about 5 years, though havn't been able too the last two years. The one i've got only comes up to my armpit :/. I just need a decent adult sized board, i'm not too hard on them, as i recall, i just need a new one. Got any suggestions? I'm 5'10" if that helps.
you already buy all the people you love presents ?
' Wrote:you already buy all the people you love presents ?
my parents actualy refuse to let me spend my own money on christmas presesnts while i live here, go figure. The give me some money, though i'll probably end up spending a little of my own too
how are the bindings? if you invest in a good pair it should be the only ones you'll ever use. As far the board goes you'll want parabolic, like this )( rather then || on the side, with a medium flex so it'll hold up a little better at increased speeds. As far as the legnth goes im thinking something around lips to nose height. The longer the board the faster you will go on it, and if you cant control the speed it can be pretty dangerous, so if your ever in doubt, go with something shorter. You'll still have fun, it'll just be safer. There are a lot of intermediate boards out there, so finding something shouldnt be too hard.
I'ld go for the snowboard if you dont have one. :thumb:
I need to get new boarding boots this year
Roth IRA's are your friend.

- but then again.. who'm I to talk? I've spend about 1/2 of the money I just earned for setting up a business w/ 20 comps on:

* Guitar Hero w/ guitar (ps2)
* Guitar Hero 2 (ps2)
* New Flat Screen LCD TV
* New Flat Panel Monitor
* Devil May Cry 3 Trilogy Pack (ps2)
* Cars (ps2)
* Grand Turismo 4 (ps2)
* Dinner for the family

The other half is going towards x-mas and in with my savings though:)
' Wrote:Roth IRA's are your friend.

That's what I say. Invest that fundage for retirement.
Um between now and retirement there is another little thing that if i saved money it would be for, college

but this is my money to spend
Put half of it on black and half of it on red.:thumb:
' Wrote:Put half of it on black and half of it on red.:thumb:
am i wrong in thinking that those odds are 2 to 1 and then i wouldn't make any money at all?
' Wrote:Um between now and retirement there is another little thing that if i saved money it would be for, college

But you can get a loan for college...not for retirement.
' Wrote:
' Wrote:Um between now and retirement there is another little thing that if i saved money it would be for, college

But you can get a loan for college...not for retirement.
you can get a loan for anything, retirement loans you just have to be creative with.....:D
OK...you've been advised by a financial service professional...
You can make your own decision though.
' Wrote:
' Wrote:Put half of it on black and half of it on red.:thumb:
am i wrong in thinking that those odds are 2 to 1 and then i wouldn't make any money at all?

Correct, however there's a 1/37 chance you'll lose everything - so it adds danger. And danger = fun:P