VadaVaka

Full Version: Hmm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I cant connect to mirc through site and the thing that eight gave me anyone know why it wont let me
The link to the CGI I gave you is used quite a bit. So there is probably a temp ban on the host where the program is running.

As for the other way, I would say that port 6667 (and the like) is blocked for your computer.
There are a couple possible scenarios. Most likely your dad set up the router to block the irc ports for the router port your computer is connected to.

You can fix this by either:
  1. logging in to the router and changing the settings for the port, or<>
  2. just switch the port in which you're plugged. Do this by physically unplugging the network cable that leads to your computer from its current router port and plug it into another port.<>
    [st]
If #2 doesn't work, then he's blocked multiple ports - just switch his cable with yours since you've already successfully connected from his computer. But there could be a problem with that. If he frequently visits sites that he's blocked for you, he will notice immediately (and that could be trouble for you).

The best thing to do is #1, but you would need to know the login password. Which shouldn't be too hard with some social engineering (not difficult since you're his son), or if he never changed the router's default password.
#2 won't work since port fowarding is based on ip address which, if is static, is based on MAC address not the physical port number.

Just ask him to unblock the irc port because Miagi said so and the fact that you won't get a virus through the port itself, but from clicking on links. Promise to never click a link again unless you know the person and verify it's a safe link :P
My CGI has been taken down btw... By me :-P