VadaVaka

Full Version: Nba Player Tim Hardaways, "I hate gay people Comment"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqjFl5pvqVw

Hehe this is the debate topic so im just bringing it up.

2 yrs ago or a year ago I said I hated ###### people. I was immature for that.

I dont like homosexuality but the bible teaches that everyone has a chance to change.

And homosexuality isn't right at all in the bible.

But the point of Jesus dying on the cross was to forgive everyone for their sins no matter how corrupt we as humans are.

I dont hate them but I would never display my children around it because I dont think it's right.

Some people in this community dont believe in the bible they believe in evolution.

It is not well PROVEN that you are born ###### naturally.

I believe you have a choice to choose. It's not something natural.

You cant reproduce being ######.

What seperates us from animals is that we have logic and they dont.

If animals know who to reproduce and choose the right gender to survive and reproduce than naturally I believe that's how it's suppose to be.

There are SOME ###### animals but how many ###### animals are there than ###### humans?

*EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT*

I FORGOT THE "G" WORD WAS PROHIBITED IN THIS FORUM. I AM VERY SORRY.

I WILL USE THE WORD HOMOSEXUAL.

I AM VERY SORRY PLEASE DONT BAN ME. I WASN'T TRYIN TO BASH ANYONE OR BE HATEFUL. PLEASE.
There are documented cases all over the world of homosexual animals.

I believe it occurs naturally, as why would you choose a life of reticule?

Tim has a right to his opinion, but sometimes its best to keep opinions to yourself. The Bible says a man shouldn't lay with another man so people say being homosexual is wrong. But the Bible also says not to hate your enemies, your brothers, basically don't hate anyone. This is said and also taught through countless stories in the Bible. The idea to love everyone and hate no one is a much stronger and more apparent lesson in the Bible then don't be homosexual. So if you hate on homosexuals, you are just as much of a sinner as a homosexual. Plus there is the hundred of years the Catholic church could of easily changed any part of the Bible to suit their needs and we would have no clue. And back with the old council of something, the name escapes me, where they decided what books of the bible would actually be in the Bible. The Bible has definitely
been touched by the hands of man. With the Bible being the only real reading in those days, I'd say having that one verse was a pretty good way to curb homosexuality.
You cant help who you love, weither its the same or opposite sex as you.

That beeing said im not homosexual, and i realy cant make an argument from their point of view so im not realy sure how valid my reasoning is.

About the "It is not well PROVEN that you are born ###### naturally." I had a friend that i have known since kindergarden. Looking back on it, i could have told you he was going to be homosexual then if i had known what it was.

Anyways, is this a debate about the bible or about homosexuality?

Because if we are going to debate wither homosexuality is "right or wrong" then i think the bible needs to be left out of it. Personal opinions and, mostly, facts are what make a debate and im sorry if this is insulting to anyone but the bible is not fact.
' Wrote:....... im sorry if this is insulting to anyone but the bible is not fact.

and that is a 'whole nother' debate:)
I had read somewhere some time ago...so I dont know if they ever proved it "or still checking in to it or disproved it" but it was said that when they did autopsys on ###### men the brain stem was much smaller then that of an average man and more the size of a womans, if this is the case (which I am not saying it is) then they were born homosexual. If they were not then you are saying men just like any other man made a choice to be this way, and that comes back to "why would you choose to be an outcast", when you would be perfectly happy with a woman? I believe there is a genetic difference that makes them they way they are. I think it was put into the bible that "a man should not lay down with another man" because it came after the the line that said "go forth and mutiply" and they knew that really wouldn't work out to well.

I dont hate homosexuals at all, they do not intrude on my life what so ever, and when I was single I would always say, I wish every other guy was a homosexual because that would leave more ladys for me. :P
Interesting fact: The odds of any given male being homosexual increase for every older brother they have that came out of the same womb. Causation is unknown at present.

Also, the Bible contains more than just the one oft-cited passage commenting on the topic:

<blockquote>Leviticus
18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Romans
1:26-27 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

1 Corinthians
6:9-10 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Timothy
1:9-11 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, for whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine; according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.</blockquote>

That selection covers both Old and New Testaments, though it doesn't include the more subtle passages, or ones which refer to sexual deviance too ambiguously; ie. Jude 7 talking about Sodomites et al &quot;going after strange flesh&quot;. Additionally, it's clear homosexuality was considered damnable behaviour by the association of that trait with all manner of terrible people, and not once praising it or having one of the 'good guys' be six-pound-signs.
How interpretable is the bible? Keeping in mind it was written by men, divine inspiration or not, it contains passages and rules that have been interpreted when they were first written and again interpreted when they were translated and rewritten, some of the passages wha quoted I may have interpreted differently if we weren’t already on the topic of homosexuality…..which reminds me this isn’t the bible debate….someone please start one of those :blsh:
I think Tim Hardaway has the right to his opinion, but what he says is not only mean and bigoted but it comes from a lack of education, when he says ‘no one’ would be comfortable with a ###### guy in the locker room with them. I don’t believe all pro ball players are homophobic. “Hate” is a strong word and I think people use it rather loosely to give their opinions. You can’t stop people from hating certain groups of people but it should not be ‘condoned’ (to use Tim’s own word). Bigotry is bigotry whether it is for blacks, women, jews, gays, or atheist…..ahhhh, now there is one group, that people think it is ok to hate…atheist….but that is yet another debate and I have already strayed a bit off the main topic once.
I just find it hard to see where Hardaway is coming from. Athletes walk around the locker room naked all the time, and there are teamates there, coaches, doctors or physiotherapists, massage therapists, the media. Odds are one of those people will be sexually attracted to him, weather it be male or female, yet somehow that doesnt bother him. Its hypocritical, but his opinion is because he really does hate the homosexual community, for whatever reason.

I'm glad the NBA is coming down hard on him, the last thing any sport needs is heated political debates tearing up teams and offending the fan base.