VadaVaka

Full Version: RC_ARENA for ricochet officially dead?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have noticed ever since the won transfer to steam alot of people are quitting. And not only that alot of people are getting older and have more responsibilities in their life with no time for video games. That goes for me also.

But has it came down to a time in 2007 to where ricochet is officially dead? Im wandering.. no one plays.. I even look at the deathmatch servers and no one plays hardly there lol. I guess this video game wasn't meant to last long like counter-strike. We only ahd like 300 players that constantly played on this forum anyway.

Im getting older.. and I really am in not interested in playing it no more. It's so funny how I worked so hard to become at the status as "ONE" of the best. But now it's like burnt out, because I played too much and everyone is burnt out also hehe.

I dont play games period no more actually... And I guess since games are evolving. Especially with MMO's people are getting sucked up into the virtual world and dont even have a heartbeat for ricochet. Well I had my fun and I will never forget anyone in this community who I was attached to who could defeat me and teach me how to play.

Well I enjoyed everything if no one plays no more it was fun hehe. I learned alot of lessons that I use in actual life from playing this video game and this community with particularely my behavior. This game has helped me matured by a huge mile. It's crazy.. I never thought a video game could impact someones life like this haha.

I use to *hate* homosexual people a few years ago... but with my banning and stuff I learned about how hard and difficult it is for them to live in society. Now I can honestly shake hands with homosexuals and not think twice. Even though, im christian it's not good to hate but you can always help. Im not a deep christian or anything but I have my morals on certain situations.

Grits has taught me alot of how people in this world can give people sooo many chances no matter what others say. I use that impression for friends and family who oppose me and try to take advantage over me..

Well I guess let me simply put it like this. Life goes on:).
We actually have a couple new players in the community this year so I don't think it is dying, just like you said a lot of people are growing out of Ricochet, doesnt mean we don't play, just means we don't play as often.
If there is a server up, then it isnt dead, grab someone in irc and ask them to meet you on one of our servers. 8-up, God-Tony, MM, those people always seem to be up for a game.
It's been on life support for awhile. We may have had a handfull of new players over the past couple years, but compared to how it was from 2002 through 2004 its really nothing worth noting. Its not totally surprising given the fact at how theres been no official updates to the game since it has come out.

I stopped playing regularly back in the fall of 04. I just got bored of it along with just seeing the server empty more than not and was having more fun playing HL2DM and UT2004 both of which I still play a bunch of. I will play Rico on the odd occasion that Miagi is testing someting and needs testers and sometimes I will play a round of DM if the spirit moves me and I see familiar faces on the server.

Plus there is the "community" aspect that went with Rico. That part has suffered a lot too with the decline in playing. Gaming communities that revolve around a particular server and game will thrive as long as people want to keep playing said game. If the people stop playing then people leave to either fill that void with another game or they find something else to occupy themselves with.

I myself have been spending much less time here then in the previous couple years due to this. It is nice being around people who play the same games as you. That is what brought me here in the first place. Now though I have had to spend time in a couple other communities who are playing the same games to fill the void I have here.

The people that are left here seem to be playing a mix of things (besides the few that still play Rico) most of which are nothing that Grits hosts. Odd to see a community that for the most part doesn't play what is hosted.

Yeah MMO's seem to have taken over a decent percentage of the active people that are still here. I do not care for them, but that is what those people like to play.
I want to see the community expand and become bigger! I think we should keep at least 1 Rico server because thats what all of us have in common. As for some of the others I think its time to move on to the games people are playing more and more. maybe a fun css Server? we could easily get more members if that becomes popular. I just bought a 20 slot server, and named it [V]adavaka.com 24/7 Gun Game fun! With a link to our website off the motd. Lets Expand! Oh, and Is it me or links off www.vadavaka.com for the foums not working?
' Wrote:Oh, and Is it me or links off www.vadavaka.com for the foums not working?

Must be just you...I just clicked a link from here to another web site, and it worked fine.
However, Firefox stopped responding after I closed the new window.
Then no links worked.
hi guys. I've been playing starcraft ever since I disappeared. main reason I stopped is because for some DUMB reason ricochet really stutters on my computer now, and has for a long, long time. Tried re-installing it, but it doesn't want to play like before.

Anyway, I've been too busy lately for two games. Just don't think I went off to some damn MMORPG.:P
' Wrote:Anyway, I've been too busy lately for two games. Just don't think I went off to some damn MMORPG.:P

YEAH! MMORPG's are for losers!!!

Wait... I play one... Um. I'm an exception to the loser part because... I have a bag of beef jerky on my desk!
Eh? Guess that came out wrong. I just prefer wasting my time a different way.

...So how many pluses on your suit of armor, Miagi? Hahaha kidding.

Actually I still play RPG(ish) games once in a while - Rogue-likes:P
I'm still around though i do play more and more infrequently. Lately i've been playing a WC3 mod for CS that's been pretty fun.

As for the game being dead. I'm not too sure about that. The german players seem to be replacing the old crowd and dm has become the map of choice. All in all it's looking a lot like what it did when i started playing exept that there are still more servers now than there were then.

Rico is stuttering? is that when you hit a jump? if so it sound like what we made the old WON fix for. should be around here if that's the problem.
Quote:rUsh' date='Jun 3 2007, 05:25 PM' post='53296']
I'm still around though i do play more and more infrequently. Lately i've been playing a WC3 mod for CS that's been pretty fun.

As for the game being dead. I'm not too sure about that. The german players seem to be replacing the old crowd and dm has become the map of choice. All in all it's looking a lot like what it did when i started playing exept that there are still more servers now than there were then.

Rico is stuttering? is that when you hit a jump? if so it sound like what we made the old WON fix for. should be around here if that's the problem.

The only thing I hate about those german players is the fact that they just spam. It was nice back when it was rare to find a spammer in the dm server when we played.