VadaVaka

Full Version: Impressive robotics in real life video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a 16 meg video of a robot police officer of the future. I'm not easily impressed with 3D stuff put into real life video, but I am pretty impressed with this video, download and take a look.

http://www.theembassyvfx.com/tetra_w_movie.html
heh..pretty cool what they did but still
i hate it when they make video's of the "future"..so retarded
is robot technology really that advanced yet?
No robotics is not that advanced yet, not even close. Right now most bots still have a bunch of cables running up the back and they are not very stable on 2 feet and/or don't move that fast. This is why the robots on the police force are still on treads and wheels.

I don't think robotics will be as advanced as this for at least 50 to 100 years (my guess would be longer then that though)

You've seen the little dancing robots, well thats as advanced as we are at the moment.
hell I was big time impressed with the dancing ones, didnt think we were even that far along with them.
soulsolution,Apr 27 2004, 08:26 AM Wrote:i hate it when they make video's of the "future"..so retarded
It's still pretty cool to see what the human imagination can produce.
honda's fully functionaning robot is wireless but still can barely move on two legs and looks like an aquatic suit from the turn of the century (1900's) but we're getting close, one sony robot has emotions built into it.... I'd say we're-50 years away
At the rate tech advances, it'll be way sooner than that. Current robots are just the foundation.. once a general operational framework is present, it'll take off. Like CRTs. They use to be grayscale, tiny, low res, and circular, but people kept coming up with stuff they could do to what was already there.
There also has to be a demand for it.
"I am the Awesomo - 4000" that was a funny episode
damn the link is broken.....