VadaVaka

Full Version: Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok guyz we now have two options for Steam.
1) The origianal way go with the 555kb installer and screw round with all its bugs
2.)Go to Fileplanet...or wherever you d/l from and get the new 388mb file. It includes HL and CS update plues the steam installer

Most people problem is that when creatin your account and its d/l the new stuff..it TAKES FOREVER. You know why? You are tryin to d/l the new hl and new cs (400megs) from a server thats getting hit by thousands of people. So they now offer this new file so when you use steam you will already have that huge ass file and it can skip over it.

Here is a great guide for steam, tells you all about and how to go bout deleting it and installing things to get it to work.
http://forums.dodnetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=739

Pretty much how I figured it was working... This is why I suggested to a few people on MSN to leave it running as I found it was locked on screen, but still downloading stuff through the firewall.. once that stopped too, then I knew it had really stopped.

the only bit I didn't know, was that they'd realised a full blown file with the cache'd app inside it.