VadaVaka

Full Version: Problem recording demos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't record demos, because I get this error, even if I'm in an administrative account. Does anybody know what it is, or why it happens? Better yet, how to fix it?
just like it says..you gotta have a map running..or were you in a map?
see the Wha? connected? he was on a map.

my guess is that it thinks it doesn't have access to write to your hl directory. maybe your whole folder is read only but im not sure how youd do that.
I find it interesting it says

C:\Sierra\Half-Life/ricochet

shouldn't that slash before ricochet be a backslash??
Oh wait, nm.. I tried it on my computer and it had the regular slashes there too, but it worked. I don't know, maybe it IS your machine? Right click on your SIERRA folder and see if it's read-only. I wouldn't think it is though.
This would be a rather obvious one if you did but did you rename any of your folders that it goes through? I did that once and it still tried saving stuff to HL/GAME which obviously didn't work.
I tracked it down, and yeah, all the folders were read only. The weird part is that they weren't at some point, so some update must have set it so.

This is the problem.

I've been using that command for years. :-D
So have I. So far it hasn't worked. Attrib shows that it is not read only, and everything acts like it is.

NTFS (or even FAT32 under 2K/XP) has security attributes as well as those file attributes. Thus you might not have a readonly file, just read only access. Reset any file/security permissions and try again.