VadaVaka

Full Version: New CD copy protection coming
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.wired.com/news/digiwood/0,1412,...tw=wn_tophead_6

I give it about 32 hours from the time its released before its cracked. Last time sony released a CD with copy protection on it, it was cracked almost as fast as it was released. A magic marker was used to bypass the copy protection. And it also caused lots of problems on peoples computers.

Putting copy protection onto a CD that still has to play in old regular CD players is useless. Old CD players can only view the data a certain way. Anything different then that and they will not be able to read the CDs right.

Copy protection is a joke. I have NEVER seen any copy protection that has actually worked for more then 48 hours after its first released. I've worked on idea for copy protection (because of some of the programing I have done in the past) and I basically just gave up on it because soon as I thought up a great idea for protection, I thought of ways around it.
Easy way to break copy protection- Get your CD player with a male to male cord... then plug the other end into your PC's line in jack. Record with a MP3 recorder. Sure it's not PERFECTLY clean but it's pretty damn close.
true, this is how I used to transfer some of my songs from tape to computer. I was pretty good at getting a clean sounding song. I even had some stuff on records that I transfered them over to computer.

I was even able to transfer songs from computer to tape and do a pretty clean job of it too.

Actually, there are some copy protections that are a LOT harder to imitate, as they use things like the space of time between reading two tracks, or duplicating a sector on a CD meaing to write Sector 1 twice but apart (which is actually breaking the format of a CD but works for all but the strictest of CD's and a lot of CD-R's don't have the ability to record in that way).

With a music CD it's harder to protect it since the CD Player's themselves must provide that protection, and the majority won't.