VadaVaka

Full Version: Only nerds view this
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is my new PC I acquired for my IBM rack at home. It is a Netfinity 7000 M10 dual XEON RAID server.
It cost $39,000 and is a real beauty. It has 2 power supplies and tripped all my breakers when I started
it the other night. I am having another circuit put in my house to accomodate. This bastid weighs 125 pounds
and was a real problem trying to carry it by myself into my house from the Jeep.
Back view.
Side view
Quite a few slots available.
HOLYSHI, I wish I was rich ^^
Christ !!!! Who said anything about being rich???:P

Gah, your not really an american, they would have driven the jeep into the house...:)
If i could bring my baby into the house...i would.
* Gwarsbane drools....
What are the specs for that thing?
Is it a dual xeon 3.2ghz with L3 cache? That would be the ultimate server~

Also, how much RAM does that sucker have? I bet you could fit 12gb easy.
It has a quad Pentium III Xeon capable motherboard but only has 2 processors running at 500MHz.
Supports up to 34 hot-swap 10k rpm SCSI harddives.
2.5 GB of memory.
Gigabit network card 1000 Mb/sec
Adaptec RAID-5 controller card.
Supports up to (4) 400 Watt redundant power supplies. I only have 2 of the 4 put in. My house cant handle it obviously.

The only thing I despise is the integrated S3 video card. This beast has no AGP slot, so I'm stuck with PCI video. That really doesn't
matter though, I'm going to run Mandrake on it and use it for a mail and DNS server. Sure would make a nice ricochet server, but, pfft....
I don't have that 90 MB/sec bandwidth anymore.......boo hoo.

Lawd no it doesn't have those sweet 3.2 GHz chips. I couldn't afford that.
Kinda funny when AMD introduced their new line of chips coming out soon, intel paniced and put a new label on their existing L3 cache 3.2ghz Xeons and called it the "P5 EXTREME", all bullshit, but I hope this springs some more competition between the two corporations.
$39,000. Holy. Crap.
What PIX hasnt told you is that I am starting a gaming server buisness and he is bringing that baby to Omaha and setting it up in the carriage house.:D
Oh and I made room for the other two you have too.;)
Will the server be in the music room or are you putting them in the other carriage house rooms?
LOL....better make sure the carraige house is wired right.....gonna blow yer fuses.

:P
I'd be more worried about keeping it cool, and the room in it cool, if not we have another black out on our hands.
Naw...got it running now. Running amazingly cool. Sounds like a box fan
running though. Kinda loud.
i could build it for 20 bux
I could build a 4 wheeled vehicle for 20 bucks but that don't mean i want to.
Actually, Intel has shown their fear and has dropped their high-end chips by 20% pricewise now. AMD dropped their Athlon XPs, but the Athlon 64 hasn't moved in price. It's like AMD is saying "We don't need to cut our profit to sell...."

Anyway, why'd you get that thing? This is assuming you paid 39,000 for it, but you coulda gotten a lot more for a lot less money. Just buy a server case for it and a dual Athlon 64 FX 51 with as much RAM as you want with it... it wouldn't cost anything near 39,000 dollars and would have an AGP slot and would vastly outperform the system you have now. That's assuming you paid full price for it, of course;)