VadaVaka

Full Version: Internet Tax...READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I posted this at work and am posting this here....if you use the internet....READ.

Check out this link as see what the US government is planning regarding taxing internet usage.

The hold on taxing internet use has expired and the government is considering taxing people

on broadband use; even taxing per Email, per megabyte downloaded, even taxed for spam you

receive. Go to this site and fill out the email form to send it automatically to your senator. This

will affect businesses and home users dramatically.

NO EMAIL TAX SITE

Can you imagine paying for each MB downloaded and applying that to playing games online????
i think this is just for email...i dont think they can monitor what you are dl'ing or whatever..because if you play a game for ex. you are sending and recieving data non-stop and how can they tell if you are dl'ing a file or just playing a game..i think the tax is for sending\receiving emails
Your ISP can monitor your upload/receive on their end using SNMP. The key term is 'usage'. If you go to the website and
listen to the radio ad, you hear about them proposing taxing bandwidth usage, downloads, email..etc.

Don't you realize how bad the govt. and states have wanted to cash in on the internet commerce boom?
im not worried about it..if it passes it wont affect me..if your isp is on the list then you better start freakin out.oh heres the list

ALLTEL
Amazon.com
America Online, Inc
AT&T
AT&T Wireless
BellSouth Corp.
Cingular Wireless
eBay Inc
General Motors
Level 3 Communications
Procter & Gamble
Qwest
SBC
Sprint
Texas Instruments
Time Warner, Inc
T-Mobile USA
Verizon Wireless
Verizon
Yahoo, Inc

American Electronics Association(AeA)
Cellular Telecommunications & Internet Association (CTIA)
Information Technology Association of America (ITAA)
Information Technology Industry Council (ITIC)
Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA)
The Direct Marketing Association
United States Telecom Association (USTA)
Americans for Tax Reform
U.S. Chamber of Commerce
National Association of Manufacturers
National Taxpayers Union
The Business Roundtable
Are you sure your provider doesn't resell bandwidth through one of these company's pipes? Better recheck.
Qwest has a huge ownership in the backbones.

BTW...those are companies supporting the ban on internet taxes...not people who support the tax
lol nahh dude...me and frito have the same isp and i know..just trust me:D.
I don't understand how you're not on that list... Time Warner (and AOL for that matter), Verizon, Qwest, and SBC basically own everything. Anyway, I wouldn't worry too much PIX, I don't think it'll happen... just no support for it. Then again, who knows... the same thing was said when they started taxing income. I would just put a personal embargo on the internet. People have lived without it before, I can live without it again. Besides, I mostly just use it for communication and games. I can live without internet games (ie, I can play single player games no problem) and just go with the phone for communication. I'm sure my other poor friends will have embargos of their own.
Nobody would support it, except those money pigs in Washington.
Then again, if there is a tax on an item, people might choose to buy in there own neighbourhood more.
If they do tax it, i think they would have a monthly or yearly tax on it, and not worry so much about your upload/download rate.
yeah thats what my dad said..they only add a small tax on the end of your bill everymonth...but we dont have to bwahahahha loseh! i win :>...i wouldnt worry about it tho..its not gonna pass
Whatever, you say this tax is american? then I got nothing to worry about ^_^
I know if it IS passed, I'm moving to Canada. Maybe Great Britain. ...