VadaVaka

Full Version: Trans-Siberian Orchestra
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When Paul O'Neill comes out on stage looking like a Harleigh riding, 70's throw back...you may not believe it but he is a man that had a vision. Meld classical music with kick ass rock. There is something for everyone; story telling, classical, jazz, and one of the hottest guitar players touring today. The light show is indescribable and contains multiple lasers and pyrotechniques.
These guys do for Christmas music and Beethoven what Jimmy Hendrix did for the Star Spangled Banner. All the musicians are wearing long tailed tuxes. The show starts off with their renditions of certain Christmas carols (instrumental) intertwined with an ongoing Christmas Story. Then when the story is finished they play their stuff from Beethoven’s last night (another one of their CDs). Three hour concert.
I already mentioned the talents of Al Pitrelli, his wife is one of the two keyboard players, an adequate drummer and on second lead guitar, Angus Clark, (the cute one) make up the core of the band...they currently have John Lee, the bass player from Sabotage touring with them. They use local string talent for the classical stuff with a string conductor that travels with them.....5 different male soloist and three females (in short black dresses and knee high boots) that are amazing....Jill Gioia is a tiny blond who can sound like Brittney Spears or Aretha Franklin.
Omaha was the start of their tour ...if you get a chance to go see them...you will not be disappointed. They are coming back in town for their Beethoven tour and I plan to buy tickets as soon as they are available....
I will admit that the chant (a new song they 'tried out') was a bit too "Omen" or "Rosemary's Baby" for a Christmas atmosphere but I think that it was a great display of the harmonies with the entire group.
I think the most fun was they looked like they were having a great time together....and throwing in "Rocky Mountain Way" in the middle of the set was an creative diversion.
I wouldn’t suggest floor seats if loge is available and straight up the middle might get you lights in your eyes more often than off to the side. (btw this describes my seats and they were perfect). Please let me know if you decide to see them and what you think. Take your mom to a “Christmas concert” that you will enjoy.
These guys are great. I have a few of their mp3s. Christmas Eve in Sarajevo (Carol of the Bells) is good. Beethoven's 5th is just cool with their spin on it. Deck The Halls done rock style is fun to listen to. :)

They have also done one of my favorite classical piece too. Canon In D. Its a very relaxing melody to sit and just listen to, their version is just as good.

I like that Metallica has done a one or two songs with them too (even thou i'm not the biggest fan of them anymore)

I have never actually seen one of their concerts because I don't think they have been to Halifax, but I have seen them on Open Mike.
i'm going to see them saturday...this is a good sign.
oh, how excited i have become. ^_^
They sound like a christian rock band, and that doesnt really go well with my devil music persona. I always thought someone would do a christmas theme, or album or something, i've heard that slipknot has a christmas album, that would be hilarious if its true.