VadaVaka

Full Version: thrown out...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
check this out:

me and my mate decide to do some drinking after a difficult school exam. we decide on a bar, pay our cover, open up a tab, sit down and enjoy a few rounds. we are playing video poker when it's 20 min. until last call. we order a couple more coronas...the bartender is getting them out and asks us if we are driving. i say "yeah"...she puts them back in and says we are cut off. wtf!? my friend says "why?"...after all, we have over an hour until the bar closes. she says she doesn't want to get sued for us getting into a wreck. i said "fine, get us a couple of ice waters and let us chill until closing". she says that they close when we get out. i look around and notice that we are the only customers left. my friend asks what exactly is the policy regarding us getting cut off. she then points to the bouncer and tells him that she needs him to kick us out. wtf?!! so this skinny guy (who i would of gladly snapped his neck on a dime) tells us "c'mon..it's time to go". so i payed my $103 bar tab (including 15% tip...because i was drunk and thought maybe they would stop harrasing us and give us our ice waters and let us sober up a little bit) and told my friend "we're outa here". so, to avoid getting sued for us getting into a wreck, they kick us out into the cold air drunk?:wacko:anyways, screw that place...they lossed my business for good. there are like 10,000 other bars downtown.
to avoid driving drunk, we walked around downtown for an hour then drove a short distance to an allnight diner for coffee and burgers. look, we were cool and didn't do anything wrong...certaintly didn't make the establishment unsafe or threaten anyone. it's kind of neat cause this is the first bar/club i've been thrown out of, but it sucks cause i racked up a hundred dollar tab with them...and no one did that that night. they should of been kissing my ass instead of throwing it out into the dead of winter. they never offered to get us a cab or anything, they just wanted to close early. what a bunch of wankers! despite us never resorting to offensive names, she managed to call us both pricks and ***I'm Stupid for Swearing***s in one sentence. if you're ever in salt lake, don't go to 'monk's house of jazz'.:angry: i give them 4 months until they are out of business.

btw, you don't want to mess with me...i'm so dangerous, i get kicked out of bars....i'm a rock star!!:P
You can blame the slew of frivilous lawsuits on that one. I bartended for 5 years and am surprised with
all the sloshings I initiated that I never got sued. Bar owners and bartenders are terrified of people suing
them and they losing their liquor license. They have all types of new rules. One thing is that she let you get
drunk in the first place then cut you off. Not very good sense on her behalf. She also shouldn't have been
rude with you, but I know how drunks are at 3 in the morning and you might not have realized your how
your attitude was coming off to a sober person. The only thing you can do is not spend money in there again,
but realize that all bars are starting with this philosophy. I'd rather kick someone out on their buttocks than
have the person they slam into on the road sue me for everything I have. Be responsible and careful.
Just to get this straight, how long were you planning on waiting after drinking to drive? One hour doesn't cut it....
depnds on how drunk he was too. lets say he was drunk and had been for a couple hours without drinking any more (doubtful, but possible) an hour prolly would cut it. On the other hand, he coulda just been a bit buzzed which is easy to drive without taking an hours break.
I bet he was feelin pretty drunk if he was still drinkin round closing time. Drunk means different things to diff people...All depends on your weight and body fat content or if you are male of female.
Let me put it this way... I don't agree with people drinking and driving in the same night, regardless of how much they drink or how much time they wait. It's in your system, take a cab and sleep it off or have a designated driver or something.
AMEN brother.
It's an age thing...you will get more to this thinking the older you get.
I NEVER drink and drive at all anymore. In college I did ALL kinds of things and drove.
You think you're untouchable till you get in trouble. Here's wut you can expect:

If you get arrested....expect to pay 2 to 3 grand for your overnight expenses at make your pooper bigger central.
If you hit another car and kill that person...you get the above plus sued by the family of the victim and you get a manslaughter charge...even if you only had a little bit to drink.
If some idiot hits you as you carefully weave home drunk then he gets a ticket and you STILL get arrested for being a dumbass driver while drunk.

These are the realities...do you have a couple thousand dollars to get out of this one time feels good event??? I sure don't.
I know it doesn't seem cool to call a taxi or be a designate driver, but the law is real tough now on this and unless you're rich
and want your bunghole enlarged....be smart.:thumb:
I have yet to drink and drive. . . I'm almost always the designated driver..seeing as i'm the only one of my friends with a liscense. . .
A $103 tab is fairly substantial unless your were getting lap dances. A cab would have been the in order for the night. If you think at any point you are over the legal limit it won't wear off anytime soon.
I was thinking the same thing Jabba.....just how much do the charge per drink in SLC? I believe like most of you do....NEVER EVER DRINK and DRIVE...
I agree about the cab and I think you could probably still sue the establishment for not getting you one and making sure you were safely tucked in.....or at least bring it to their attention.
The establishment did themselves a disservice by not calling you a cab....no matter how drunk or irate you were I am sure you would have returned to patron it again if they had.
and once sober thanked them. It is better to feel alittle embarressed then dead or in jail. Everyone feels they should be able to take on more than they can. What most people don't realize is the amount of traffic on the road compared to 10 or 20 yrs ago. You not only have to watch out for your own drunk self, but what about reacting to all the other drunks out there. I probably should have been put in jail many times in my stupid days as a youngster. I count myself lucky and blessed that no one pulled out in front of me. Now if im outside the house, its 2 drinks then Ice tea or soda. So, since this goes with the holiday, I'm Thankful I never killed anyone unintentionally by my stupid actions(the intentional ones i'll leave to God).