VadaVaka

Full Version: little help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just built a new computer and am having a problem with my games connecting to the internet, when I click to enter multiplayer in rico it freezes the game, when I do the same in Halo it also freezes but then unfreezes and says "unable to find server"I have also tried steam and it says "no servers match your settings please check your filter and try again" and i dont have any filters checked, I have also tried to connect to rico with gamespy and as soon as it accesses the internet in the console it freezes. I do have a firewall but have granted access to all the games I have tried to play and did try connecting with out the firewall and it still dosent work. Is there setting that I would have to change on a brand new system to make it work?

any suggestions would be appreciated

because I am like this :wacko:right now

frito
well that steam error, i got, but i just tried again later, and it worked. Could be a firewall problem, look in it a few times if you get desprate. You could try reinstalling your modem/NIC drivers, and check if they're updated.
are responding, are responding more quickly than 900ms, are running a dedicated server, are running game.

that's my filter.

But actually I think it is because when you reinstalled steam you have some issues with won. You have to remember to go back into the cfg file and do some tinkering. I believe it was pix, gwars or evil that directed me and it worked to a charm. You might have to reinstall Won to get back in.
well at this point I am not worry about steam because I have uninstalled it but I would like to get the other games to work.
thank you netniv, he is the man of the hour, he got me up and going, again. he is good at hooking on my computer and figuring crap out and for that I am impressed. :D
Dont sell yourself too short frito, you had a good idea what was causing the problem, just not how to fix it.
just needed a new set of eyes :ph34r:
well im not gougeing out my eyes frito, at least not for a price. <_<