VadaVaka
New internet service. - Printable Version

+- VadaVaka (https://vadavaka.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General Forums (https://vadavaka.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: General Stuff (https://vadavaka.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Thread: New internet service. (/showthread.php?tid=2170)

New internet service. - Reciprocity - 04-28-2005

We changed over to verizon fios, its sick.

New internet service. - Reciprocity - 04-28-2005

yeah.

New internet service. - FuzzyShoting - 04-28-2005

nice!

New internet service. - fritoman - 04-28-2005

your ping is sexy ^_^

New internet service. - Squish - 04-28-2005

Now, stuwie can take over the world faster!

New internet service. - Scrye - 04-28-2005

WTF!?!?!?
-1 latency??
you can go that low???

New internet service. - NITRO! - 04-29-2005

No, Scrye. A ping lower than 0 is impossible. Ping is the time it takes for your computer to send data to the server and back again to your computer (in ms). The ping of -1 is some strange bug in Steam, I already experienced it sometimes.

New internet service. - fritoman - 04-29-2005

so now there will be no complaining when we play CS S :P

New internet service. - Gwarsbane - 04-29-2005

Reciprocity its a good thing I was not drinking anything at the time cause those ping times would have made me spray everything against the monitor.

Damn they are nice. cause that don't translate to what you actually get in the game. Most of the time I go on servers with a 60 ping and while I'm there its 90 or higher. Not sure if this is the same for everyone (higher ping then whats advertised)

But at least you start off with a kick butt ping.

New internet service. - GRITS - 04-29-2005

wow guess the only thing you are really missing now is a new mother board;)

New internet service. - SoulEvan - 04-29-2005

<=0 P~~~~

New internet service. - Squish - 04-29-2005

fritoman,Apr 29 2005, 10:27 AM Wrote:so now there will be no complaining when we play CS S :P
We're still on a 1ghz board...

New internet service. - Power and Glory - 04-29-2005

Mind stretching some of your fiber optics wire into Northeast PA?:D

New internet service. - Reciprocity - 04-29-2005

I would love to, assuming you supply the cable...:P Grits is right, the connect is too good for the comp. lol. Verizon fios, bug them till you get it, if you can... Its a good deal too, 35 a month for 5.4 down 2 up. For 10 more a month it could be 15 down. *ponders* Anway its a huge improvement over the dsl which had an upload cap of 15 kbps.

New internet service. - Power and Glory - 04-29-2005

I don't know how fios really works, but i wonder how it will be once it becomes very popular. Cable was super fast too when it came out, but as more people got it in the area the speeds seem to have got more slow.

New internet service. - Squish - 04-30-2005

Reciprocity,Apr 29 2005, 08:35 PM Wrote:I would love to, assuming you supply the cable...:P Grits is right, the connect is too good for the comp. lol. Verizon fios, bug them till you get it, if you can... Its a good deal too, 35 a month for 5.4 down 2 up. For 10 more a month it could be 15 down. *ponders* Anway its a huge improvement over the dsl which had an upload cap of 15 kbps.
or $200 a month for 30 mb/s

*ponders, and drools*

New internet service. - Reciprocity - 04-30-2005

cable runs through a pipe so if everyone has it in an area, it will slow down. Fios is similar to dsl in that its an individual connection to the company and doesnt share bandwidth with neighbors, so its good and staying this way.:)

New internet service. - Gwarsbane - 05-02-2005

Hey rec, mind if I post that screen shot over on MekTek. I want to see a few jaws drop when they see your pings to servers.

New internet service. - the_bee52 - 05-14-2005

In terms of the ping I think he's a very advanced bot:blink:

New internet service. - GRITS - 05-14-2005

the_bee52,May 14 2005, 06:22 AM Wrote:In terms of the ping I think he's a very advanced bot:blink:
You ever play reciprocity???? it wont change your opinion if you do, we all think he is a bot with hax even;)

New internet service. - Reciprocity - 05-16-2005

sure gwars.....and lol grits.