Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ricochet robots
well, i think i fixed the reconnecting issue...(basically, you spawn in spectate upon connecting) but i need to test the crap out of it...:ph34r:

anyways, i want to launch a rico server w/ bots...so ...i can keep them there...and keep reconnecting during various battle states. basically, they have do to more than just stand more...i don't care if all they do is fall off platforms but i need them to finish up rounds and so forth.

anybody got an idea?
P&G has been playing with the Akimbot and has had some luck with them. He says they work best on maps like Stalkyard but he has got them to work somewhat in the arena-type map.
i played them too and in arena its kinda funny caus they just keep falling on start
but sometimes they jump 1 or 2 times.... and they barly shoot
As it stands now bots last about 1-5 seconds before falling in arena. They basically run in a circle and fall off sometimes connecting with a jump like Shalk said. As evil said go and d/l Akimbot. I forget the address but do a search and it will come up. Follow the directions carefully on how to install it. I used the exe file instead of the zip file. For some reason the zip file did not work for me. I am currently working on trying to make waypoints for the bots on arena, but I have never did anything like that before so it will take time. I don't know how you would go about reconnecting. Cause when I make a server and leave the server goes too.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
a b
yeah p&g,

what i do is make a dedicated server on port 27016 and play on port 27015...so i can play on and run the dedicated server on the same computer. it works for what i want to right now but gets extremely laggy w/ other players....i assume bots won't be a problem cause they really don't have a ping. disconnecting is not an issue...cause the server treats me like any other client in-game.

me and rush tried out my hack earlier today...i joined the game first....the cool thing was when he joined he was thrown directly into spectator...unfortunately though, this meant a game (or battle) couldn't be initialized...i fixed this (i hope) afterwards and should be close to a solution....what that means is that the days of reconnectors holding up the game for everyone else is almost history.
introduce me your robot.. I am the guy alone on Vads..
I need playing and have social life with them..

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.asm,

When you get the code the way you want it, can you forward me the .cpp files you changed? I will incorporate it into my changes and make them available. I'm still working on getting a linux box set up with a compiler for GRITS but it won't be really needed until I'm sure the changes are stable.

Also, if you are interested in my changes I can make them available also. My first plan is to allow model changes but exclude HLDM models in the .pak file. I hope to be testing the changes this weekend.
:lol: enzymo.

i downloaded akimbot...nearly perfect except i can't remove bots in play it seems...and yeah, i'll e-mail the modified.cpp files to you evil as soon as it's done.
You can kick the bots. I asked Wha that same thing. Just go into the console and type kick "name"
[Image: b_560x95.png]
well, that's true...i was just hoping there was a more elegant solution like "removebot" and it would remove a random bot or something...or "removebot 4" and it would kick out four of the lil' bastards.