Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which is the ideal system?
a b
Personally, I say a democratic republic. That is, the US and most countries that are called "democracies." It's a republic because we don't necessarily have a say on all of the rules, laws, bills, amendments, etc. We just vote for people to form and vote on them. We also have an executive and judicial branch to check and be checked by the legislature. There is a lot of crap, but for the most part, it has worked. Of course there is social unrest, of course there have been problems with foreign relations and policy, but that's all inherent. I enjoy living in America... or Canada... both republics. Many people do enjoy living in both countries, despite their qualms about laws (like certain things being illegal, or the foreign policies). I would not want to live in any other country... I'd visit other countries, not live there.
I don't know what system will work best. So far republics have been pretty damn successful. No system can be perfect. Anyway, good times.
Democracy, and I believe alittle revolution is good from time to time, like every 4 yrs or so.
bah....I will quote some famous guy, who said this, who I can't remeber..."If voting actually changed anything, it would be made illegal."
Democracy! The subtle brother of totalitarianism! :P God blind America!! :D
A confederation, nothing like a weak central government that can't hold the country together! Then war breaks out between the states and it becomes a survival of the fittest. The dream will become reality!
In a perfect world with considerate human beings: Communism.

In the reality in which we live in: I agree with g-boy, democratic republic, the only drawback from having one is the possibility of a corrupt executive branch. The government in which this country runs on is made so even the most powerful of rules and laws can and will be changed as time goes on to properly fit the everchanging culture and society which the country lives in. As of late this principle has been held back for some reason, I blame congress.
I think a quad Xeon system with dual RAID configuration for your 10 15K rpm SCSI drives is the idea system. What? Oh shit...this is 'political' systems.

Wrong thread.:P
_Acid_Head_,Jun 20 2003, 09:35 PM Wrote:In a perfect world with considerate human beings: Communism.
w0rd.
and considerate people will still stop being productive, then there is revolution, capitalism, and finally democracy again, and I'm not talking about a democracy where someone stands over you with a gun telling you who to vote for. For some reason communism still does not reward anyone for the ability to overproduce or out perform. But since i'm mediocre I probably would flourish.
Liberalism is in effect communism. The government provides for the people...if it is just enough to survive. The government taxes the shit out of you
so that everyone gets your gains. More bigger government is their motto. We see how well communism works in North Korea with all the starving people
and the all powerful government putting all the money into its 1 million plus military. Cuba is very happy with communism with it's 'great' economy as is China.
It's great to ask a Chinese person on the street how he/she feels about comminism and watch them flee in silence as their belly rumbles. So if you want to live
in a dream world of how great communism is, be my guest. It's not cool anymore to say the US government is a facist government. The punk rock ethic or anarchy
died almost 2 decades ago. You don't see too many people who beiotch and whine about how 'bad' our executive and legislative branches are in the US leave and try
it somewhere else. They won't tell you but they like their freedoms and protections. You young tots who think communism is cool....get a job one day and work your
ass off and have the government take your paycheck and distribute it all to the other people. Wait.....that's what liberals WANT to do NOW.

God bless the United States of America. :thumb:
I was gonna say, I hate hearing from people that communism is ideal if it is in the right hands. The problem is it takes away the human urge to compete. Let's admit it... some people are smarter and better than other people. Some are harder workers. People are NOT equal. That's just how it is. Capitalism does have its problems in that many are in a disadvantage to make use of it. Also it is hard to be honest and make lots and lots of money. But my thing is, if you get a college degree and work hard, you're going to make plenty of money, enough to be comfortable and potentially support a family. That's how life works. You go through the processes, you work through bureaucracy, and get things done. Try to live in a world where everyone is considered equal to you and you can't get anything better or worse than someone else... it'd drive you mad.
Exactly g-boy. You hit the nail on the head. Also consider a person who makes financial gain through
hard work and effort and he has to distribute that wealth to the common folk for the 'good of the system'.
I really think somone saying communism is cool is just saying that to be 'different'. But it's actually just plain
stupid. Of course unless you are Ed Asner or any of the other Left Coast entertainer loonies.
PIX,Aug 18 2003, 02:13 PM Wrote:Liberalism is in effect communism. The government provides for the people...if it is just enough to survive. The government taxes the shit out of you
so that everyone gets your gains. More bigger government is their motto. We see how well communism works in North Korea with all the starving people
and the all powerful government putting all the money into its 1 million plus military. Cuba is very happy with communism with it's 'great' economy as is China.
It's great to ask a Chinese person on the street how he/she feels about comminism and watch them flee in silence as their belly rumbles. So if you want to live
in a dream world of how great communism is, be my guest. It's not cool anymore to say the US government is a facist government. The punk rock ethic or anarchy
died almost 2 decades ago. You don't see too many people who beiotch and whine about how 'bad' our executive and legislative branches are in the US leave and try
it somewhere else. They won't tell you but they like their freedoms and protections. You young tots who think communism is cool....get a job one day and work your
ass off and have the government take your paycheck and distribute it all to the other people. Wait.....that's what liberals WANT to do NOW.

God bless the United States of America. :thumb:
That almost looks copied and pasted from somewhere....:)
It is copied and pasted....from me foo!!
It is not plagurized from anything. I am just pretty hardup on conservitism
here in the United States and I am a firm believer in capitalism and REALLY
pissed off with liberalism. I love my president and feel safe with George W.
wiping my tears, man that was great.
PIX,Aug 27 2003, 02:12 PM Wrote:It is copied and pasted....from me foo!!
It is not plagurized from anything. I am just pretty hardup on conservitism
here in the United States and I am a firm believer in capitalism and REALLY
pissed off with liberalism. I love my president and feel safe with George W.
Love the way you just broke lines up randomly like that though ;-)