Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New computer arrived!!!! WOOHOO!!!!
Ok the new computer arrived today, WOOHOO!!!!!

I don't know how long I will be down for or if I will be down at all. I have to install a few things, (network card, old and new hard drives) and make sure everything is working. Its currently warming up in the front room, damn thing was very cold to the touch.

It is an AMD (not sure size yet). I was told that it was a 32x burner but they were wrong. Its a 48x burner!!!! Much better then my current 4x burner.

On the back of the video card it says GeForce 4 128 pro. I hope this means that its a 128 meg board, it would be so cool to jump from 16 meg voodoo to a 128 meg GeForce. :D

It also has has 6 USB ports!!!!! I have 2 USB devices, I think I have room to expand. lol

17 inch monitor

Thats about all I know about it. When I post here again I should be using it.

If you don't hear from me for a few days its because I'm playing games. :D
hey what can I say but WOW! how cool is that. see ya soon
I did the same burner upgrade... 4 to 48, and let me tell you, it's QUITE an upgrade:)
I'm up and running again, actually have been for hours but I was transfering files over from the 20 gig to the computers 40 gig.

I'm going to be installing stuff for a good long time. :D But I should have Ricochet up and running within a few hours
Whoops forgot to post the specs...

AMD XP 1800
256 megs of DDR ram
40 gig HD (But I also bought a 80 gig drive)
48x24x48x CD drive
300 watt power supply
Asus A7S333 motherboard
ATI 128 pro 32meg video card.
6 USB slots
10/100 nic (I have my own thou)
modem (removed it)
17 inch monitor
VERY crappy speakers that they said were good (my guess is that they would think my current speakers were totally amazing eventhou they are only like 30 buck speakers)

Its a slight jump from...

AMD 333mhz
256 megs of sdram
6 gig drive and 20 gig drive
4x8 burner
230 watt power supply
Partly fried FIC 2013 motherboard
Voodoo 3 3000 16 meg card
2 USB slots that I could only use once as my motherboard is partly fried
10/100 nic that I bought
15 inch monitor
Some nice speakers