Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Request.
Well, I've been on Vads and Grits and Grits 24/7 since I started replaying this game. This is one of the only servers that I actually like. The rest I get ok and some I get great latency on, but none have that charm except for these. Anyhow recently there has been a new model out on it. I know the women that play this actually want women models, but the new models that they have out just stink and I hate to play against them. I was just wondering if there was a way there could be a vote on whether to keep those models or not, and I'm sorry if this makes anyone mad.
we just need one of the computer geeks to fix the model so she doesnt look so funny
Alright that works too.
Doesn't Ricochet come with it's own female models...I'm sure I've seen it soemwhere hidden in the depths of my Rico folder....and if I can recall it was a releltively normal looking model too....but who knows maybe I'm crazy and made it all up!:wacko:
the ones on the server are indeed the the ones hidden deep within the ricochet folder. perhaps the image changed a bit but that's it.

i think one of the better temporary solutions to the problem would be to have the male model as the default instead of the female one.
I think maybe they just didnt spend as much time in the development of the female model...
The 'female model' on Vad's is indeed the one in your female folder that came with Ricochet.
She is not funny looking....some might even think she is 'hot' but her jumps etc...look a bit awkward.....I like the option of being a 'different' model...I should tell you that I use the female model on my game so ALL of you look female to me...so here is the deal.....you can change your model in the console
model male or
model female
but your opponent might still be female so lets see if we cant get some of you skinners to work on some different textures for the male model
I wouldnt mind being a male model I just want to be able to tell the different players when the opponent changes Please let me know what you need from me to make us some new skins
I have to admit that I think she's quite hot. I love the tattoo, and unfortunately the actually sprite part sucks. So, lets work on getting it fixed. Unfortunately, I'm hopeless with graphics :-D
why cant we get a female model that looks like it belongs there?..the current one doesn't realy fit the game...it would be nice if the female had on a similar outfit as the male. but yeah...the animation on the current model isn't all that fluid. i have no idea how to fix that.
The male model and the female model do not have the same sequences, which is why the female model doesn't look quite right. I have not looked at the source code that close yet but my initial guess is the female model may have been planned for a teamplay game. Either that or the female model was designed by someone else and was done poorly.

Anyway, there are three basic choices: Someone can either re-skin the male model to look female; Re-design the female model to inlcude the proper sequences; or live with the current female mode.

The easiest one is to re-skin the male model. I will put together a tutorial link or summary for those that are interested. To fix the actual female model would require the model to be de-compiled, re-designed and re-compiled.

Personally I like the female model and have used it exclusively for some time.
Can the servers be set to male default for the time being till they're fixed? It really, and I mean *REALLY* screws up my game. When I play against someone using the model they look like they're swimming or something like that if they run..., and another thing is that I see my disc go right through them but nothing happens a good amount of the time. One last notable thing is that they cause me to say thing's out loud that would not make it very far past the filter.
I'll see if one of the modelers at MekTek will take a look at the model for us and see if he can do anything for her.

Can someone point me to the textures for them. I'm not the greatest, but I will at least try to make the textures better. I'm just wondering if I can make the texture maps bigger for more detail.
I take it you want a hot good looking blonde male in your life?
Where's my bleach??
the one thing that i would have to say is that:

keep the decap sequence, she looks hilarious when she gets decaped!!
The female model looks fine..just as long as she's not moving, but who cares.It makes the game more interesting...It would be nice if the male was made the default but it really doesn't matter that much, all you gotta do to switch back is type 2 words anyways (model male).
I honestly like the female model the only problem i have with the female model is that she's too skinny :blink:i mean real life that's kewl, but in ricochet it's different like when i faced a guy name -]fS[-fAtaL he has good moves, but regularly i could hit him but my shots looked like they went right through him when he was in female model that's the only problem i have:D
When the production versions of the new female are released they will have the same hitboxes as the male. that will mean that despite looking skinny, the female will be just as easy to hit as the male.