Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If I was a democrat...who would I vote for?
Well the time has come again for democrats to destroy themselves with a Democratic primary. I thought
it would be a good time to give the 'other' people time to list who they would vote for since they seem
to despise my boy GWB. The funny thing is that the running candidates are giving up so much good information
about each other that the GOP is taking notes for things to attack the winner in the real election. Let's hear your
selections.

PS. Trippy....I joined the NRA last week. I thought that would make your day.:D Only $25 a year.
Richard Gephart, my mom and dad are good firends with him so maybe I could get an invite to the whitehouse.
I see he's getting closer in the polls to Dean today.
I would vote for GRITS, she knows how to run a tight ship. :thumb:
Uhhhh.......:blsh: I'm not gonna touch that one.

(but you KNOW what I was gonna say):drink:
Some of the Democrats are just converted Republicans.

Anyway, since voting for any Republican other than Bush would be a waste of time, I'm considering voting for a Democrat. Slowly but surely I am losing respect for Bush and though I'd prefer a Republican president, he's not the choice for me. Various things are bothering me about him, and I also have a problem with him letting his religion strongly guide his decisions. Hard to find a Republican with some liberal social views because they don't have the balls. And honestly probably wouldn't get the vote from the conservatives. Essentially I want a Republican who can give the finger to the NRA (no offense to our resident member(s), but that is one a-hole organization) and right-to-lifers. Both have good intentions (arguable for NRA), but totally screwed up logic.
Point taken g-boy. Explain to me why you think the NRA is any worse than other lobbying group.
Why are they so a-holish? Give me the points and let me digest. I seriously don't think that the NRA
stands atop the ladder over such groups as PETA, Sierra Club, NOW, GALA and the NAACP.
Our agenda is leave the 2nd amendment alone. Let responsible gun owners possess guns. Promote
and support people who feel the same and protest and vote out people who don't.
Dean's an idiot, I have a feeling that four more years of Bush are on the way. Unfortunately, I really have no idea who I'm going to vote for. I'll probably look more into it when I have the time. Mostly I've been keeping track of our Terminator's progress in California. I found the 4 billion dollar loss due to his destruction of the car tax increase hilarious. Making good on his promises, but screwing up California anyway. Pix, if you were a true Republican/Conservative you'd be asking for the old English monarchy back.
Tak the Cruel,Jan 15 2004, 04:21 PM Wrote:Uhhhh.......:blsh: I'm not gonna touch that one.

(but you KNOW what I was gonna say):drink:
She would apoint me to some cushy admin job ^_^
Oh I don't like the other organizations you mentioned either, don't get me wrong. The problem with all of them is lack of compromise. I got some thing from the NRA that wanted to join up people to fight against registering one as a gun-owner. They said gun-owners would be treated like criminals just because they own a firearm... the point is, they would put down anything that goes against every person having the right to own almost any gun with no hitches. What exactly is the problem with getting a license to operate? We do it for cars, and use license plates to track down hit and run. Make everyone go through training, know how to operate their specific type of gun (handgun, rifle, etc.), take tests, don't let any person with a violent crime record own a gun, and yes, track people and have their files and records on hand if they have a gun. If you have no reason to get a gun in a hurry, that is do anything except protection in your home or hunting deer, what's the problem with implementing those things? As I said... no compromise. Many liberals want guns gone period (that would have some prohibition-like backlash though, and is unnecessary anyway)... and the NRA wants very little gun control. Yes, people kill people, not just guns... but realize that only certain people should be able to own guns. Hell, I'd want people to go through psych evaluations before getting any sort of firearm.
Lots of good points g-boy.
The one thing about the registration thing is that when and if the govt. decided to
revoke the 2nd amendment, they would have their neat list ready to go on who to
call to turn em in. It's what they did in Australia a few years back.

It doesn't matter to me honestly. I'm fixing to get my carry permit so I will be registered
up the yazoo anyways.

...and RWS...<_<lol

I would say 'big-governement', 'more dependency on us', 'you need our help' Democrats would fit the bill for the Monarchy.