Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alias use
Using an alias allows you to perfect a new move or tactic without people watching you do it. It also allows you to wind up people who, although not regulars, have gotten quite good and feel the need to cry when they get beaten by a "player". Also i use so many names in various mods that i get confused sometimes and use the wrong one.

It just comes down to personality really. When a player named W4itndBl33d joined a while back, i rapidly changed my name to l3ft_B3hind just to make him feel welcome....:)
EEEEXCEELLEEEEEEENNT!!
[Image: SkaWars.JPG]
I remember that guy. I have used an alias once or twice, for very short periods of time. The first time i was up against limit and on my first jump he killed me. On my 4th jump he killed me. I think i killed him once, but my face was used to mop the floors. I think the person i surprised was master fin, who said i was really good, but then when i switched back to my name he said "oohh it was you anon." A regular player will know from the first jump you make if you are regular or an in experianced player. They are increidbly quick to adjust as limit was against me.

I remember playing acid about a month before the summer, and he was using my face as a welcome mat. When he was banned I played against him on his server one time. I think my best game was a 3 - 1 loss. In the summer when I played him he said many nice things about how well my aim has improved, as well as swearing when i killed him. I remember playing chent and saying to myself "oh crap im so dead." Ditto with rUsh and RWS. Now if I play those guys and I am moving ok I will probably go 3 - 2 against them. I got to that level without using an alias. It took a long time, but I did it.

It happens with other players where I am the skilled veteran and they are less experianced. I remember oops' first game where a few of us were giving him tips and soon after he has become incredibly skilled. Ditto with Thrice, who i havent seen in awhile.

Goes with the DMers as well. I remember playing with severed and a few others on his server when he was just starting out, but doing some movies... i mean moves. They had played wha before and when they saw me doing stuff that wha does they were blown away. I was just happy to play with better than average players. I am proud of what i have accomplished in the arena world and the DM world. I love being one of the few people that have changed DM (a bit of arena if I am lucky). I loved being a teacher Sev, yoshi, mags and DragonLady. Wha taught the world how to play DM1 and did it without an alias. I managed to help teach a few others without an alias. I love being on similar playing fields as my teachers and my students. You lose that with aliases.
let me start by saying that is really cool Annatar, little stuff like that is what makes playing fun and us a community.
acid_head and I discussed this soooooo long ago, almost all players change their names once in a while.....I believe acid may be the only player I know of that hasnt.....at least I dont remember him coming in under an alias and I think the way he plays is obvious enough to most players that he would be 'found out' quite easily. Sometimes we play the 'name game' when we are in que on ricochet but other than that...no reason to change. I used an alias once or twice for a match or two but I could never keep my identity a secret...if my incessant chatting doesn't give me away my key binds do. I was even recognized in counter strike the other day when my cfg file was screwing up and it had me as 'player'. So I just stick with GRITS for ricochet and Vadavaka for the other mods...

to each his/her own nothing to get worked up over
[CAKE Wrote:anonymity,Feb 18 2004, 07:39 PM] A regular player will know from the first jump you make if you are regular or an in experianced player. They are increidbly quick to adjust as limit was against me.
Not always. I am the best undercover n00b going ;-)
Yeah, you dont even have to adjust your style :P
[CAKE Wrote:anonymity,Feb 20 2004, 08:19 PM] Yeah, you dont even have to adjust your style :P
I keep trying to tell GRITS that but she don't listen.
But she doesnt use an alias.
I was refering to me. It's a shame that you thought I was calling her a n00b, you think she's that bad ?
uh oh. . looks like anon has something to confess. . .and all this time you were so nice to GRITS, I knew there was some sort of evil, double-crossing, umm. . uh. . .something or other. . umm. . :ph34r:

EDIT: on a completely unrelated topic. . have you ever noticed how sometimes your fingers type to fast. . whenever I type the word other it comes out as otehr. .i always just notioce it and edit my posts before anyone sees. . .
Yes i have a confession. I think you guys are weird :P