Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tobacco
*scrolls to bottom and skips meaningless posts;)

My roomate smokes- he always has to "get some fresh air" which means go smoke. He has no clue really that I know he smokes- it's his decision. Only two things- one, when he comes back, he makes the room smell like cigarettes... I hate that smell. I've come soo close to yelling at him (especially when I was sick and couldn't breathe well). I hate that smell, I don't care what kind of "rush" you get form nicotine, it's not good for you. Sheez why not just get the gun or patches if that's all you want..?

Oh number two- the school I go to doesn't allow smoking. So if he ever pisses me off I can hold this over his head like an anvil.
I've never smoked a cigarette. . I never saw the point. . . what are they really? poisonous chemicals wrapped in paper. mmm appetizing.
tobacco is not the most profitable industry known to man.... the arms industry is. Check the figures.

Look, lets put it blunt and honestly, i smoke, most of my friends dont, they respect that i do at the same time as i respect that they dont. That means no smoking in their rooms, no blowing smoke in their face, but it also means them understanding that i could quit, but i would really lose a part of myself in doing so. That more than any need has doomed my precious giving up attempts.

Maybe i am killing myself slowly, but its a free world, i believe you americans fought for hat in some point during your history. If people dont like me smoking near them they tell me to f**k off and i respect that. If they are the quiet type i generally ask them if they mind, and respect their answer.

Quite frankly, it is the stigmata associated with nicotine and other drugs which causes a lot of problems. Cannabis is harmless compared to alcohol, caffeine or even paracetamol, yet it is outlawed because its a "slippery slope". Thats only because authority made it like that.

And who knows, maybe i wouldnt be a smoker if i didnt hate school and want to rebel against it. Smoking does that all too well.
EEEEXCEELLEEEEEEENNT!!
[Image: SkaWars.JPG]
Good point Annatar. The key is you DON'T push your right to smoke on anyone else and vice versa.
Cheers Tak. All too often when i make that little point i get smacked down by someone who forgot the whole freedom of speech thing.
EEEEXCEELLEEEEEEENNT!!
[Image: SkaWars.JPG]
Second hand smoke is a retarded notion, for the most part. It's overdone... it's not healthy, obviously, putting any chemicals in your lungs is unhealthy. But their figures are weird and unrealistic, they should stick to the smokers and lung cancer and emphysema stuff.

I'd be careful in stating that pot is less harmful than caffeine, but I completely agree about alcohol. Have less control of yourself and destroy your liver... not the greatest idea. Here's my problem with comparing to caffeine, though, is that there are completely different effects and different methods of putting it into the bloodstream. Caffeine is a stimulant, although with the amounts that it's in coffee and some soda and chocolate, I'd venture to say that it's mostly placebo, because I rarely feel it. Coffee can stain your teeth, and soda is unhealthy because of the amount of sugar... the caffeine doesn't do much. Cannabis, on the other hand, can have long term problems and actually does make one braver to try worse things. Caffeine also has more social value (asking a girl to coffee, for example). I've also never hallucinated or acted like a retard under the influence of coffee. I'll shut up now, I know I'm gonna get barraged with statistics by those with the love of the weed that tell me that it's completely safe and is a free lunch.
Well second hand smoke does. You've seen the commercials, you've seen the people on those commercials, they are real. People know people with lung cancer who never smoked a day in their life, I know people like that.

Nothing like comparing one harmful drug to another. Pointing out a hypocrisy is no justification for anything. It's an immature approach to a problem in dire need of a solution.

And of course the classic "It's my body and I can do what i want with it." This argument works for something like cocaine where there is no harmfull by product. You ask any person with breathing problems like asthma and they will tell you how hard it is to breath with smoke in the air. RJ said he had problems breathing at the smell of the stuff, let alone the actual smoke. My dad has to hold his breath when he has to walk through the cosmetics counter at department stores, I walk through it like nothing. Imagine what smoke does to him.
Yes, I forgot to mention that though I don't think second hand smoke is as bad as they say, I definitely think it exists, mostly because I have asthma and I attribute it to both of my parents being smokers. Now, before you go and say "well that's different then out in public..." they never smoked inside the house, only outside. But just being near it, outside with them perhaps or in public somewhere when younger....

Now, I won't jump the gun too much... I was born and raised in LA, and the pollution could very well be a factor... but if that were the case, everyone born in a metropolitan area would have asthma... I think parents smoking contributed.
My fathers dad was a smoker, all his life. A drinker to. The drinking caught up to him before the smoking. The pro smokers will now speak up and say "see see alchol is worse." To them I will say, many doctors say to drink a glass of wine a day, when was the last time you heard a doctor say smoke a cig a day?
Look at the LD 50 for ethanol and compare it to that of nicotine (or thc as the case may be). Then you can say which is more dangerous.
nicotine is actually used as a poison for hunters. You extract the concentrate from the tobacco leaves (bag of chewing tobacco) and dip your
broad tips in it. It acts like a poison. This is illegal in most states however.

I also heard of the story of the researcher who was doing work with concentrated nicotine. He accidentally spilled a very small amount on his
pants and he went into shock. When he woke up in the hospital a few days later, he got out of the hospital bed, put the same pants on to check
out, and he went out AGAIN...
Still a health benefit none the less. If tobacco companies put in at least one thing that might be considered a health benefit then pro smokers will argue that, even though the risk outways the benift.
Well i was reffering to doctors today. These are the same doctors who belived that leaches purified the blood.
Not to crap on your point anon, because it's a good one, but leeches do have some benefit in certain cases... not necessarily purifying the blood, but anyway....
Leeches scare me to death...at music camp when i was like 9 up on the mountains i got like 10 on me when i went swimming in the river. They are by far the scariest thing in the world, besides Nuclear Warfare. U try having one down ur pants like that kid on the movie Lean on Me.

Hehe how did we get to leeches anyhow?:offtopic: