Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Akira
Has anyone else seen this movie? It's really crazy and cool and screwed up all at the same time. I think it could be one of the best movies I've ever seen, and the best anime I've ever seen. I think the name comes from an ancient Japanese Samurai Warrior legend. The guy's name was Akira something and he and his army we're untouchable. They moved through citties wiping everything out. The leader, Akira, Couldn't be hurt according to this legend... It's pretty crazy. If you haven't seen this movie I highly suggest it.

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
where is the link
Ninja scroll has got to be up there.
Yes Akira is one of the better anime movies out there. This is one of the first animes I suggest people see.

Here is some info about Akira
http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,33,xmji...jics,akira.html
I saw the bieginning at a con, but time ran out so they had to stop the screening.. what I saw was really sweet though.
Akira is quite possibly the most overrated movie i've ever seen. lol
it's long.. and doesn't make alot of sense most of the time so you're actually BORED while watching it <<< makes not a good film.
Yes it might be one of the most well known manga films - doesn't mean it's any good though.
TETSUOOOOOOO!!!

KANEDAAAAAA!!!
way to dig up dead posts acid 2 points and png would say! :D and akira is a old anime but still one of the best.
I never saw the entirety of Akira, stopped watching part way through. Never understood what was so cool about some kid blowing up stuff with his mind. I've seen some of the japanese version of One Piece and I actually thought it was pretty entertaining. I'm told I should see the ghost in the shell movies, but I'm afraid it's going to be another pathetic attempt at being deep by having them talk for like 2 hours with intermittent explosions and flying debris. I don't know, maybe I just don't get anime.
CowEater,Oct 21 2005, 04:19 AM Wrote:way to dig up dead posts acid 2 points and png would say! :D and akira is a old anime but still one of the best.
actually i dug it up:P