Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting site
Political Compass

Where do you stand?

I was -4.00 on the economic scale and -2.77 on the social scale.

Please note that the FAQ provides a lot of answers regarding issues people have with that test. Before you get too mad at it, see if the FAQ helps. That way you know you have something original to post here.
Economic Left/Right: -4.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.85

I'm hanging out right by ghandi.
Economic: -5.88

Social: -6.72

Hanging with Ghandi, Nelson Mandela and the Dalai Lama
Economic Left/Right: -5.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.41

wow this is more personal than the are you addicted to CS test
Economic Left/Right: 0.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.62
Economic Left/Right: -0.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.77
Believe it or not I understood almost every question :D
Economic Left/Right: -3.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.85
Economic Left/Right: 1.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.72

A lot of the questions should be left open to explanation for our answers.
Take for instance: "People with serious inheritable disabilities should not be allowed to reproduce".
I answered Agree; but not for the reason of keeping human genes pure and all that crap like a Nazi
might answer. I was thinking of can these 2 people with disabilities support medically the offspring
that come from their child bearing? What kind of genetic disabilities, if any, do the parents exibit and
do the disabilities keep them from making a mature, logical decision?

I read too much into each question, but when you get put in the facist quadrant or the communist quadrant
on how you answer a couple wide open questions....it does matter in the details.

I disagreed on the "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth" one and people would say...THAT'S NOT BIBILICAL TO DISAGREE!!! It was
the way in Old Testament days but after Jesus came and gave His new covenant...that philosophy changed to "turn the other cheek".

Lastly i said Agree on "The rich are too highly taxed" not because I think they get all the breaks, but because (REMEMBER THIS PHRASE) the rich PAY ALMOST ALL OF THE TAXES THAT ARE COLLECTED. They make more money so they have to pay more taxes percentage wise. They pay their fair share as it is. They should be giving more money to charity, however, for sure.

I don't like these tests cuz I can't explain each answer and you get grouped in wierd categories.:P
Yeah, explanations would be nice (I had that problem too), but then a person would have to administer it.

Don't worry too much about being in a weird category if you have low numbers. The quadrants themselves don't mean much, just the coordinates. The axes are just there for reference. A friend of mine (the one who showed me the site) got 9.3 on Economic, I can't remember his other score, but I think it was a little south of Friedman. He said he felt it was accurate, so I suppose the more moderate you are, the less sure of your position you become.
Economic Left/Right: -3.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.28

i don't think this test accurately describes anyone that takes it (though you may get a general sense of how a person thinks) because most of the questions are open ended to either a right-wing authoritarian or a left-wing liberatarian.

has anyone here ever read Atlas Shrugged? great book. very political, but on a much broader scale (think self-politics).
Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -4.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.56

Is this good?
Did I pass?
Found this thread and wondered where people sit now. I re-took the test and I'm much farther out than I was.

Economic Left/Right: -5.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.77
Economic Left/Right: -2.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.54
Economic Left/Right: -1.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.77
I only understood like 59% of it:D
Help there's a melon in my gravity gun!

Boom!

Oops gets them every time (snicker)

[Image: thebee52.png]
Economic Left/Right: -1.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.08

I generally consider myself a moderate Republican, so it was a little surprising. Although I know that a lot of the questions were leading me down and to the left, particularly the religion and sex stuff. I'm quite liberal about many topics, such as abortion, certain rights, non-censorship, against physical discipline, that kind of thing. I'm also agnostic and to monotheisms I'm an atheist. I guess in general it's about right though, close to the middle... I can't stand extremes for either liberals or conservatives, because I don't look at things as black and white (i.e. I don't see abortion as business of the government but I also don't see it as a complete choice thing where you can get it in any situation... I disagree with outlawing guns but I can't stand the NRA... I think homosexuals are humans and therefore should have the same rights as all other humans, including marriage, but I also don't like the way it is presented and sometimes shoved in a straight person's face who doesn't care, you won't see me marching with them). Anyway, not sure why I was put on the left economically. I think it's the same thing as was mentioned... there needed to be clarification or a midpoint, sort of an indifferent option. Certain things I would agree to that in certain cases I may disagree, but I just chose the best option for how I interpreted the question.
Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -6.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.33

Im close to gandhi and castro ^_^

but I had to look up about 30 words lol..took some time
I think if wha 'changed' that much maybe I should take it again see what kind of influence this community has had on me ....and a year more of living in Omaha;)
Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -4.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.36

yay gandhi
GRITS,Jul 20 2005, 08:48 AM Wrote:I think if wha 'changed' that much maybe I should take it again see what kind of influence this community has had on me ....and a year more of living in Omaha;)
but luckily you have us canadians to help out
Economic Left/Right: -1.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.79
Economic: -4.00
Liberal: -3.74

I'm the dalai llama? hmmmmm.... And yes I understood all of it. I considered that eye for an eye thing to be a reference to crime and punisment (and possibly traditionalism) rather than religion.
EEEEXCEELLEEEEEEENNT!!
[Image: SkaWars.JPG]
Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -2.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.59

Others -
[Image: internationalchart.gif]
woot gerhard schröder is mentioned:Dlets see if they make a new one if Angela Merkel is our new chancelor lol
Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -3.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.92
Economic Left/Right: 5.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.59

I think I'm the most conservative person in the forums.....here comes the flaming. lol :-)
far away, will our eyes now see the day
for today, the everlasting eternal sun
washed away, the dreams of a brighter day
forever hold the dream inside
the chance to fight another fight
the breaking hearts that stand for all our li-i-ives
live tonight

[Image: post-71-1127203434.jpg]
[Image: MrDucklover.png]
We all hope you come to your senses as you age, MrDuckLover
I believe we get more "convservative" as you age. Even college life hasn't "liberalized" me yet. I guess I'm Mr. Conservative. Call me that now. ^_^
live tonight

As we age we lose brain cells also...maybe there is a correlation.
Economic Left/Right: -1.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.31
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Gasp. I take offense to that. Meanie!

And from now on...you shall adress me as Mister Conservative!

I RULE YOU!
live tonight