Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting site
Before you make demands on how I should refer to you, you might want to do a search and see what happened to PIX when he decided to debate me on left/right issues.

It wasn't pretty.
I don't want to debate political issues. I'm nice enough to respect your beliefs...I just think its funny how many people are left on here and how many are towards my way. Just pointing that out to everyone.
far away, will our eyes now see the day
for today, the everlasting eternal sun
washed away, the dreams of a brighter day
forever hold the dream inside
the chance to fight another fight
the breaking hearts that stand for all our li-i-ives
live tonight

[Image: post-71-1127203434.jpg]
[Image: MrDucklover.png]
Economic Left/Right: -5.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.21

And btw. My e-penis is bigger than yours. Just pointing that out to everyone.
<@Miagi> !8 Am I spamming?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Yes.
<@Miagi> !8 Should I stop?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Oh, please, PLEASE, make it stop!

Bows down to the almighty size of Miagi. Oh how I shall aspire to be just like you!
live tonight

I just read some of PIX's posts from debates and.........wow! Lets just say wow.

I really wish we could debate a lot of topics without religion having to get involved.

Try this one, someone with my beliefs who isn't a Christian churchgoing person.

What would he have said to me? Probably that I would ended up in some place full of fire but yeah...

Just wanted to say I read it and some "conservative", "right-wing" and whatever terms you can come up with, people aren't always Christians nor do they use it in their reasons behind their beliefs. Just wanted to try and rid this common belief from your minds.

And I'm always up for debates and giving and most importantly listening to what someone else believes and why they believe it. So yeah.....

GO ARSENAL!
live tonight

Economic Left/Right: 0.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.00

rawr mine is easy to graph
Based on your 'score' you seem to be slightly on the right of the political spectrum but also authoritarian. Why do you believe you should be able to make your own decisions yet make decisions for others?

One of the interesting questions in the survey was (paraphrased), 'should two disabled people be allowed to procreate?" How did you answer that question and why?

PIXs problem was at the time he was recently 'born again' and therefore believed everyone should think like him. Unfortunately, the more 'right' people are, the more they expect everyone to think alike.

I believe people should be able to make their own decisions, as they know what is best for themselves more than any other person, government, etc. I also believe that people should work together and that the underprivleged should be helped and not cast aside as our present administration believes.
here goes nothing

Economic Left/Right: -5.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.08

Chillin by the Dalai Lama. :ph34r:
i could write a paragraph in response to many of these questions so it probably wasn't all that accurate.

i actually consider myself an independent.
WOOOOOOOOOOOO SoulEvan!!
<@Miagi> !8 Am I spamming?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Yes.
<@Miagi> !8 Should I stop?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Oh, please, PLEASE, make it stop!

What does "independant" mean beyond "not affiliated with a formal party or belief-based association", though?
Economic Left/Right: -3.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.46
:D
It means the person could have a mixture of the two and i usually find myself at a healthy liberal/conservative mix.

The point of mentioning that I consider myself an independent is because the results of the questionnaire estimate that I am pretty hardcore leftbertarian.

;P
Well personally i considered myself to be slightly to the right (compared to some of my activist friends) but i guess the views are similar, I'm just more of an apathetic anarchist.

Hmmm apathetic anarchist.... i like that phrase.......

And yes I realise if I was really to the right I wouldnt have many friends like those.
EEEEXCEELLEEEEEEENNT!!
[Image: SkaWars.JPG]
My sister just took the test:
Economic Left/Right: -5.76
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.71
:blink:
BWAHAHAHA!!! What a naive little snot-nosed...ahem i mean understanding, pure, and completely enlightened person. ^O^
Economic Left/Right: 7.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.74

I like the free market approach. THERE ARE NO MARKET FAILURES!!!!!

:)
[Image: teisel07.png]
I think I like this kid :-)
live tonight

Please elaborate (on free markets).
Free markets are run by allowing the people and the businesses control how the economy is run. This assumes that the controlling businesses are in competition and there is not a monopoly.

An example of free markets:
nVidia and ATi are at the powers of the free market. They try to make the best product for the cheapest price. In order for both ATi and nVidia to stay in the market and not sell video cards for pennies on the dollar, they must come up with innovations.

New Technology is driven by innovation. Because video cards keep changing by adding and modifying for speed, we will continuously see better and better products. But only if the supply of video cards meet the demands of the people.

Gamers like us keep buying these cards and so, in the Free market approach Supply (Cards) = Demand (People who want cards). When Supply equals demand, a free market works to efficiency.

An example of Market Failures:
Market failures occur when one company or a monopoly dominates the market place. In theory, Monopolies are ineffiecient because the business can charge what they want.

Microsoft is an example of a possible market failure. The U.S. Federal Gov't states that Microsoft is a monopoly who is unfairly wiping out the competition. When Windows 98 came out, they integrated Internet Explorer with it. Netscape and other browsers called this unfair and wanted Internet Explorer a separate package from windows.

Because Microsoft decided to tie in a product and since it couldn't be removed from windows due to it's integration, the US considers this case unfair for other browser makers. Microsoft makes a settlement which involves:

1. Microsoft must allow other people to remove "middleware" like Internet Explorer.

2. Microsoft must share code that allows others to make software for thier OS and other software.

3. Three compliance committee directors must overwatch Microsoft to make sure the settlement is held.

But I am not going to tell you what to think. I say free markets is that they do work, just not always the way people want them to. Others argue that the market needs a "kick in right direction" and the Federal Gov't decides to make rules and regulations to protect the USA's interests. It's a matter of political opinion.

I could really go on and on with different examples. But the wikipedia has already done that for me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_market
The video card industry is a horrible example of a free market. Mostly because it isn't one. Sure it isn't a Monopoly it is however an Oligopoly (sp). An Oligopoly is basically an industry where almost all of the market share is controlled by only a few companies. (For anouther example see Coke and Pepsi with the pop industry). In any case it's pretty much a monopoly with more people at the top, there are still huge problems for new companies trying to get their foot in the door to the industry and the existing players could take them out by lowering the price of their product.

A true free market is something like the resterant industry. Tons of bussinesses, people can start up easily, and no company(s) clearly have control over it.
Uh....monopoly....Sam's Hot Dog Stand....DUH! I can't believe you said that! :P
live tonight

Maybe I am not clear or maybe my examples were less than good. But the internet has a lot of information regarding this in an unbiased fashion. Looking up Adam Smith will give one a lot of information of Free Markets beyond my knowledge at this time.
Economic Left/Right: -2.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.54
changed a little.

before:
Economic Left/Right: -4.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.85

after:
Economic Left/Right: -6.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.26
hmmm thread resurrection.... we possibly need to find something new to debate.
EEEEXCEELLEEEEEEENNT!!
[Image: SkaWars.JPG]
Pick any of the propositions on the test.