Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abortion
Unlike cells, humans are volitional, willful beings. Don't throw 'life' into a general category
for the sake of simplicity. If that were the case, cutting the grass once a week would be a
holocaust. We are talking about humans protecting humans. Just because that 5 week old
child can't understand Hooked on Phonics, doesn't make it any less human. Just because
that 10 week old child isn't watching 5 hours of MTV a day, makes it no less human. I see
great numbing of the emotions by society's picture of when we can/can't feel guilty for hurting
a child. I also see great hypocracy when society demands we stop spanking our kids to discipline
be cause it 'harms' them but we continue to suck little bodies out of their safe wombs because their
presence will conflict with our busy, fun lifestyle. Whoops....i made an accident....I spilled my milk...
lemme clean that up....done. Whoops....i got pregnant....lemme clean up that mess....ah better.
It's good to be alive eh?
When abortions are had the situation is generally more complicated then. "It'll be a nuisance" ... and there's nothing wrong with spanking.. it's discipline, spanking being considered child abuse is bullsh**
PIX,Aug 20 2004, 01:44 PM Wrote:Unlike cells, humans are volitional, willful beings. Don't throw 'life' into a general category
for the sake of simplicity. If that were the case, cutting the grass once a week would be a
holocaust. We are talking about humans protecting humans. Just because that 5 week old
child can't understand Hooked on Phonics, doesn't make it any less human. Just because
that 10 week old child isn't watching 5 hours of MTV a day, makes it no less human. I see
great numbing of the emotions by society's picture of when we can/can't feel guilty for hurting
a child. I also see great hypocracy when society demands we stop spanking our kids to discipline
be cause it 'harms' them but we continue to suck little bodies out of their safe wombs because their
presence will conflict with our busy, fun lifestyle. Whoops....i made an accident....I spilled my milk...
lemme clean that up....done. Whoops....i got pregnant....lemme clean up that mess....ah better.
It's good to be alive eh?
Ah that's nonsense, holocaust on grass? Not even, you're not killing it because it grows right back from where the last blade of grass was severed. The 5 week old fetus, doesn't even have organs, and the ones it does have don't function at that point, it's not living yet. You say their presence conflicts with our lifestyle? What if our lifestyle can't even handle another life in it. Not everyone is fit to raise a child and a better solution would be to abort so it doesn't have to live a very potentially bad life style where they may suffer until they die. Now would you rather someone live 10 years of suffering that they're totally aware of, or a couple months in the womb where it is incapable of them feeling any kind of pain?

The decision should be left up to the parents that would be raising the child because they'd be aware of the life the child would be living and be a good judge as to whether anyone should have to live that life.
Who are YOU to say what kind of lifestyle that unborn kid might endure? You think because
the mother doesn't have much money that it is fair to terminate the child's life. You think that
because that kid won't be able to wear expensive shoes early in life it's ok to kill it? Just
because they can't afford a big apartment to live in is no excuse to kill it. Everyone has it tough.
Heck, I live paycheck to paycheck now. People with the rape theory have some merit, but this
better life for the baby later crap is just a lazy attitude for people who don't want to accept
responsibility for THEIR problems. You want to solve better life problems....then keep your
penis with a brain out of a potential problem's panties.
PIX,

I find it interesting that you would chastise a person or couple for making the personal decision on whether they are capable and have the means to bring a baby into the world yet you have no problem in deciding whether people with "serious inheritable disabilities" should be allowed to reproduce.

Would you force these people whom you deem to be incapable of making "a mature, logical decision" or not being able to "support medically the offspring" to have an abortion or would you just have them sterialized early in their life to prevent such happenings at all?
As we have seen before, you will never sway in your beliefs nor will I.
If you don't like abortion, then support politicans who will work to remove
it as I do. If you support abortion...YES it's called abortion, not choice, then
vote for politicans who support it. I will do everything I can to help people
who need to make a decision involving the life of a child. I will support them
emotionally or even monitarily any way I can so that they do not make a mistake
in terminating a unprotected life. Most of you are just armchair quarterbacks who
got a whole lot to say but nothing to back it up. I challenge each of you on both
sides to put your 'money where your mouth is' and physically do something to
support your beliefs you stand so stong in.
(this may be late, but still relevant.)
there's a lot of talk about the rights that a fetus has, but i think [someone] is mixing democratic politics with theocracy. technically, a person has few rights until it grows from a 17-year-old child to an 18-year-old adult. legally speaking, of course.

now, i know that the circumstances of an abortion are a little extreme, since it would be generally intolerable for a parent to kill their teenage 'child' (though i know mine have contemplated it...), but to compare a fetus to a grown 'child' is unreasonable. legally, they have the same rights, but philosophically, they are worlds apart. when you mix religion and politics, things like that are often over-looked.
PIX,Aug 22 2004, 01:09 PM Wrote:Who are YOU to say what kind of lifestyle that unborn kid might endure? You think because
the mother doesn't have much money that it is fair to terminate the child's life. You think that
because that kid won't be able to wear expensive shoes early in life it's ok to kill it? Just
because they can't afford a big apartment to live in is no excuse to kill it. Everyone has it tough.
Heck, I live paycheck to paycheck now. People with the rape theory have some merit, but this
better life for the baby later crap is just a lazy attitude for people who don't want to accept
responsibility for THEIR problems. You want to solve better life problems....then keep your
penis with a brain out of a potential problem's panties.
That is not at all what I meant by lifestyle. I meant someone growing up in dirty dangerous streets where you fall asleep to gun shots at night and only chance at surviving is to live a life where illegal activities is your means of survival. Even if I meant the situation you described, how would that be any better. Expensives shoes? How about the money to not be able to afford the basic necessities like food and shelter?

It's not about responsibility or laziness, it's about doing something smart to relieve a child to be of a life of pain, poverty and just suffering in general.
I told a woman I work with that I was going to vote for Gore in 2000, she then told me that I must like the idea of killing babys, I looked at her with a look that I hoped told her that I thought she was a dumbass. I wish I still came in contact with her because I would ask her if she ment to vote for a person that allows abortions, because she did if who you vote for in the elections decides if we as a country allow abortions. Now that being said, I understand how it works so you dont need to give me a run down on the political process. I just hope "unlike the woman that I was talking about earlier" that people dont vote for someone because of that one issue, because we have had many republican presidents over the years and we STILL allow abortions, so if you are voting republican I hope its for a different reason or at least more then just that one.
I am not an American, But
Quote:The charter of the United States, the Declaration of Independence, is guiding here. "All men are created equal and endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights, among these are the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."

The first right is "life," for without it there are no other rights.

Quote:Biologic human life is defined by examining the scientific facts of human development. This is a field where there is no controversy, no disagreement. There is only one set of facts, only one embryology book is studied in medical school. The more scientific knowledge of fetal development that has been learned, the more science has confirmed that the beginning of any one human individual’s life, biologically speaking, begins at the completion of the union of his father’s sperm and his mother’s ovum, a process called "conception," "fertilization" or "fecundation." This is so be-cause this being, from fertilization, is alive, human, sexed, complete and growing.

Comment

- The above is not a religious faith belief.

- The above is not a philosophic theory.

- The above is not debatable, not questioned. It is a universally accepted scientific fact.

Quote:This is best explained by considering three people who might state their respective beliefs as follows: a) I believe in God. I believe He creates a soul. I believe the soul is created at conception. Therefore, I believe that human Life begins at conception.

b.) I also believe in God and a soul but I don’t believe the soul is created until birth (or some other time). Therefore, I believe that human life begins at birth (or some other time).

c) I don’t believe in God or a soul.

Comment

- The above are statements of religious faith or its absence.

- None of the above religious faith beliefs can be factually proven.

- Each individual has a right to his or her own religious beliefs.

I have double sided feelings about abortion.
I do believe any woman that was raped by a family member or stranger has the right to an abortion if she chooses. Or if by carrying the child endangers the woman’s life in the process.
Other than that, you take responsibilities for your actions.

For people that think it should be just the woman’s choice and men have no say in the matter what happens to the child. I think the man has just as much say as the woman in what should be done. Even if she is the one carrying the baby.