Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A way to stop peoples offensive sentences.
While playing on some other HL2:dm servers I noticed that certain racist and foul words kept coming up. But there wasn't a thing anyone could do because the admin was out and the options menu wouldn't let me mute that guy but that only mute the players voice (I think). Since VAD is my regular server (at least when some people are playing) I'd hate to see people who could go there more often to be so ticked off at the guy(s) who say all of these things that they never want to come back.

(by the way has anyone else noticed how these players are usually caled unnamed :P)
Help there's a melon in my gravity gun!

Boom!

Oops gets them every time (snicker)

[Image: thebee52.png]
find us on mIRC I can rcon a kick or a ban
PnG is the captain of the server and he is usually on mIRC in the afternoons and evenings
go in gamesurge #vadavaka and type I need an admin and we get alerts in the admin channels also

If you hear of an adminmod that works on HL2DM let us know, we need to add one that works on linux servers
or you could just add them to the ignore list if it really bothers you.
I ban permanantly without warning when I catch them myself using the n word. I do allow foul language to an extent. If someone is just generally sounding like a drunken sailor then I will tell them to stop. The f word we do not alllow and I will give a basic warning to those that use it. If it starts getting too sexually graphic and stuff that is also something that we do not allow.

All of this stuff is in the MOTD upon joining the server. Players fault if they do not take 2 seconds to read it.

If someone is bothering you then either drop into IRC or just PM me through Xfire and I will handle it. If I am not around you can contact Grits through IRC or a PM through these forums. She has the ability to check logs from whenever whereas I can only check logs from when I have HLSW open.

Also best to leave a XXX in the chat so when digging through logs Grits can see it better. Also if you can remember note the time and grab the person's SteamID. If you don't know how just open your console and type status and it will list all of the players with their ID's
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Wow PnG, guess that is why I made you captain of that server:thumb:nice response