Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Public Apology
To occaeco(relinquish), [CAKE]smartass, RuNnInGwItHsCisSoRs, and GRITS:

I first want to say that I am sorry for the way I acted on Saturday August 6th, 2005 while attempting to play in my tier of the Ricochet Deathmatch Tournament. I am sorry for being so abrasive and I am sorry for abusing the server while bypassing the filters in order to vent my anger. I am sorry for anyone I may have wrongly treated and I can assure you that such a thing will never happen again. :(

I would also like to take this time to point out the reasoning behind what happened, since most people probably are unaware or have heard invalid/mixed information.

Tier 4 was scheduled to play at 8:00pm ctrl on that day with Coweater, myself, smartass, and relinquish as the players. Coweater never showed, so we subbed in RWS, but before going to the server I *specifically* told everyone that on vad's server while playing deathmatch I for some reason experience lag and that if we were to use that server.. this problem would need to be fixed. :unsure:

Sure enough... we go to vad's and bam both smartass and I experienced lag.. and BAD lag at that. I know it's not my computer.. I built it with my bare hands.. and it's awesome.. so that's not the problem. I know it's also not my connection... any other server I can play dm, but not vad's and I don't know why. I tell everyone of my problem and I get blown off like it's my problem and I need to deal with it. Miagi suggests restarting, so I do that... and guess what I find when I come back?

THEY'VE STARTED THE MATCH WITHOUT ME!!! Yes I had every right to be pissed off at them.. and I still am... then they say that I should just forfeit since I'm having problems... forsaking my chance to win this tournament.:cuss::bh::cens::fired::angry:

So as you can see.. I had a VERY good reason to be mad.. but here's where I screwed up.. I bypassed the filters in order to curse at relinquish.. and yes that was wrong. I shouldn't have sunk to that level and I should have went straight to GRITS to handle the problem. Now the tournament has been canceled so that's one less headache to deal with (meaning me getting my spot back), but I wanted to set the record straight for everyone.. clear my conscience.. and apologize to all of those that I offended.

Thank you.
CloudFuel,Sep 10 2005, 12:18 PM Wrote:Miagi suggests restarting, so I do that... and guess what I find when I come back?

THEY'VE STARTED THE MATCH WITHOUT ME!!! Yes I had every right to be pissed off at them.. and I still am... then they say that I should just forfeit since I'm having problems... forsaking my chance to win this tournament.

So as you can see.. I had a VERY good reason to be mad..

I read the logs, they did not start the match without you, they were warming up until you got back, this is the kind of misunderstandings that happen when people jump to conclusions
Well when I went back to mIRC they were saying it was already starting.. so forgive me for the assumption... my bad. :thumb:
and smart wasn't lagging, he restarted his comp, and was running fine... make sure all the facts are straight.
look mister know it all.. he WAS too lagging.. and I know he restarted his computer and everything worked fine, but that was necessary for the story, so why don't you worry about yourself and I'll worry about me.. ok? thx. good frickin day. :cens:
Apology accepted... pansy.

;)
CloudFuel,Sep 13 2005, 03:22 PM Wrote:look mister know it all.. he WAS too lagging.. and I know he restarted his computer and everything worked fine, but that was necessary for the story, so why don't you worry about yourself and I'll worry about me.. ok? thx. good frickin day. :cens:
There is no need to be like that.

And my problem was no excuse for the way you acted so there is no real need for anyone to point it out.
Exactly, thus why I left it off as I did.

edit - well crap on the line I said it "was necessary for the story" but what I had meant to say was that it "wasn't necessary for the story." Ah well.. ya win some, ya lose some. Topic closed now?