Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
American survey
Yes that stuff about getting the gun from the bank is totally true. There have been many news shows and stuff that I have seen them prove it. Its very scary actually.

Here is a quote from this page... http://www.bowlingforcolumbine.com/about/faq.php

Quote:Q. Is that bank that hands out guns for real?
A. Yes. North Country Bank (with branches throughout Northern Michigan) offers you a wide choice of guns when you open up a certificate of deposit account. In effect, they are giving you all of the interest the account will earn in advance in the form of a gun. The bank is also an authorized federal arms dealer so they can do the quick background check right there at the bank. I put $1,000 in a long-term account, they did the background check, and, within an hour, walked out with my new Weatherby-just as you see it in the film. (I did have a choice of getting a pair of golf clubs or a grandfather clock, but they didn’t have either of those hanging on the wall like they did those three rifles). I learned about the bank’s gun offer from an ad in the local paper that showed a gun across the top with the heading, " More Bang for Your Buck" from North Country Bank. I still have the account and the gun to this day (though I plan to legally "auction" off the gun for charity, and creatively have it destroyed-more on that later!)

PS: I plan on buying this gun....

[Image: p90.jpg]

This is not an actual gun. This is an Airsoft replica of a FN P90 (for those Stargate fans this is the same design of gun they mainly use on the show)

When "upgraded" this thing will be able to fire 6mm plastic or metal BBs at about 300 f/sec (if I remember the details right). It can be set to single shot or full automatic and can hold 68 rounds.

It will cost me about 800 bucks to buy this thing with the upgrades and about another 150 to 200 bucks for "extras" (mainly more ammo).

And yes this kind of thing is used to shot at REAL people, thou you don't use the metal BBs when firing at people, well you can but thats just stupid. You can get 6mm paintballs for these guns too, but they gum up the insides of the gun if the gun is too powerful... of course it will be too powerful :upto:

Once I have this thing, someone would be very stupid to break into my place while I'm home, as it will be on full auto and only I will know where the mag is for it. :thumb:

oh and the coolest thing about this gun is that you can set it up so that it expells the casings just like the real gun does, or it can just use the 6mm bbs. I personally will have the effect on when using it at home firing at targets in the backyard.
How did this thread go from masturbation to the removal of women's pleasure buttons to self-defense weaponry?

In just over one page...
I keep my pistols in my bedroom becuz it's probably pretty rare for some 250 pound meth head
to climb in my windows at 5pm in the afternoon. He's gonna kick in my door at 3am and I'm gonna
have my stainless steel pieces of mind right under my little arse. And when he comes creeping in my
bedroom im gonna John Woo his ass with brass casings flying...no questions. It has nothing to do with a
sexual fetish. I'm just gonna make the morning paper as the one who survived and the one who's gonna
have to spend 5 hours cleaning up carpets and patching up the drywall in my bedroom. :fireg::wacko:
Need one of those old weapons that nobody would think of using for self-defense anymore. Like a hillbilly shotgun, or a partially wooden pistol, hell, I'll take my chances with a rusty kitchen knife.
Sadly, the intruder will have walked in with a minigun, going straight T-800 on your ass.
-Sockhole
"If ya SMELL ... what the SOCK ... is cookin."
When I see John Connor on my drivers license....then I might be worried.
But that's the thing, instead of having an advantage with weaponry, just hollow out your house and make it ninja-friendly, then you can kill the intruder by snapping his neck with your knees or slicing his head off with a samurai sword.
sword works well, i prefer just killing him with your bare hands (no murder weapon to hide:P) a large rifle/shotgun they're holding just gives them the false impression of power, when all u need to do is get one hand on the gun, and you've taken control.
You guys are mad. You're not gonna do much damage to a guy who's been up for 4 days on meth and is welding a knife or gun. You go riiight ahead
Watch me as I pull a Steven Seagal, ripping the helpless intruder's arm off and sodomizing him with it for hours on end.
Quote:Here is a quote from this page... http://www.bowlingforcolumbine.com/about/faq.php

Q. Is that bank that hands out guns for real?
A. Yes. North Country Bank (with branches throughout Northern Michigan) offers you a wide choice of guns when you open up a certificate of deposit account. In effect, they are giving you all of the interest the account will earn in advance in the form of a gun. The bank is also an authorized federal arms dealer so they can do the quick background check right there at the bank. I put $1,000 in a long-term account, they did the background check, and, within an hour, walked out with my new Weatherby-just as you see it in the film. (I did have a choice of getting a pair of golf clubs or a grandfather clock, but they didn’t have either of those hanging on the wall like they did those three rifles). I learned about the bank’s gun offer from an ad in the local paper that showed a gun across the top with the heading, " More Bang for Your Buck" from North Country Bank. I still have the account and the gun to this day (though I plan to legally "auction" off the gun for charity, and creatively have it destroyed-more on that later!)

If you go here: http://www.bowlingforcolumbine.com/media/c...clips/index.php you can watch video clips from the movie "bowling for Columbine" one being the clip of Michael Moore aquiring the said gun.
sorry bout the quoting..i'm not very experienced with that whole makin the white box, and i'm too tired to really think right now
Gwarsbane,Jul 11 2003, 01:59 AM Wrote:PS:  I plan on buying this gun....

[Image: p90.jpg]

This is not an actual gun.  This is an Airsoft replica of a FN P90 (for those Stargate fans this is the same design of gun they mainly use on the show)
<Drool>Oh baby, lucky americans....I dont even think they have guns close to those here in canada.... hell youll be lucky to find a used musket here:lol:</Drool>

I am a Stargate fan, so dont forget to shoot up some Gouauld's (sp?) with that P90.... Make SG1 proud!
:bgf:
ok, lets make the scenario interesting. Breaking into your house is a half human, half wolf hybrid that is hopped up on meth, pcp, and is having an acid halucination. not to mention the fact that he has tank treads instead of legs! What do you do then? this may sound like a joke, but this type of thing happens so often that i cant believe it isnt illegal to not own a gun.
guns dont kill people
people kill people
I kill people with guns. 9mm glock, 2nd choice 78 yr old double barrel 12 gauge w/slug, third choice chucks, 4th choice>>>>>probably dead by then.
Hey Apex, I'm in Nova Scotia. I can get that gun. I don't think I could get the real gun anytime soon (hell I can't even get the fake one anytime soon) but I'm sure I could get a real P90 sent to me as long as I had a collectors licence
yah, guns suck.
and i don't mean guns, really, i mean their results.
and still, not that they kill, or harm, people, animals, whatever, but consider this:
i live about 60 miles away from littleton, colorado, where the columbine shootings occured. after that day, EVERYONE WAS PARANOID. our school had a semi- lock-down because someone was "afraid of the girl wearing the trenchcoat." everyone's bag had to be inspected, police became a common thing in the school, students getting arrested because of rumors, and a ridiculous "no-tolerance policy" with the school district was instated that will get you expelled for something you might not have anything to do with.
example: a girl going to a local high school on a cold day needs to pop the hood of her car, and realizes she can't do it without a lever. she eventually gets all done with it, goes to school, parks, and is later that day arrested for having a BUTTER KNIFE in the back seat of her car. she is expelled from school and banned from the school district 2 months from her graduation date.
now, i'm not saying the woman isn't a little think-headed, since she used a freakin butter knife as a lever to open the hood of her car, but was expulsion really necessary?
the policy is still effective today, and all the students have to deal with the random paranoias of not students, but adults that are "afraid" for their children.
i'm sorry, but i will never show up one day with a gun to shoot a bunch of strangers because i was depressed.
that's just as ridiculous as their parents.
(also, prayer in schools won't solve the problems of the world, you focus-on-the-family ######s :D).
You wouldn't, someone did, what would you do?
brokend,

What school District do you live in? 20? 11?
btw, fully automatic weapons are illegal in the u.s.a., so that P90 purchased in the states would probably be modified to be semi-automatic only.

also, aren't those two canadians lusting after that firearm? edit: oops, my mistake...apparently gwars wants a BB shooting replica.
And for 20 bucks US you can buy a kit that will show you how to make it fully automatic.

You can buy it for any weapon that was suppose to be able to go fully automatic to begin with.

I personally don't care if the real thing can go full automatic, It would be mainly just for show. The airsoft version however will be able to go full auto. It will not be just for show, it would be used a lot. :D

Once I have it, I am thinking of putting up a sign... Solicitors will be shot! :D
we go to district 11.
I lived in District 20 until my daughter graduated Rampart. She went to college and I moved to Old Colorado. I know what it is like in Colorado Springs with Focus on the Family and others. I helped start Ground Zero after amendment 2 passed and was involved in a few debates with Colorado for Family Values.

I don't envy you guys...just remember the rest of the world is not like Colorado Springs.
well lucky for me im not from here, so i know. brokend on the other hand....has had to suffer through it for his whole life:P. we go to palmer just cuz we get to eat downtown, no crappy cafeterias for us! do u still live around here?
I moved to Florida in '99...my parents still live in COS. I moved there in '84, before the FoF crowd took over. If it wasn't for the relgious bigotry, it would be a great place.
religeous bigotry?...this sounds interesting...since colorado is only next door, i realize i know little of it's politics. i wouldn't imagine it would be the place for some sort of grass roots movement like that. what is the dominant religeon in colorado springs?

what is amendment 2 and what is wrong w/ the cafeterias in the local high schools?
rich baptist that got ran out of oregon.
The dominant religion now in Colorado Springs is Evangelical/Fundamentalist Christian. To go through all the beliefs would take too much time but an example I got involved with was the exclusion of the teaching of evolution in the public high school where my daughter attended. Evangelicals believe, as fact, that the earth is approximately 5000 years old (I forget the exact number) so therefore any teaching of science before that time is blasphemy. After going to the department chair, the principal, and finally the superintendent we got it reinstated but not in time for my daughter to receive it.

Amendment 2 was a state proposition that became law that made discrimination legal against ######, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered individuals, specifically in the area of housing and employment but bascially any area of law. The law passed in '92 and was struck down by the US Supreme Court in '95 or '96.
Fully automatic weapons are NOT illegal in US. You CAN acquire the proper paperwork to register them
and as long as the govt has a record of them and you fill out all 100 pages of the work....it's ok. It's all
technicalities on this one.