Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Authorized Announcement
They just aren't good enough to win by 20 pts.
And naturally the Packers got spanked. Well, ok, the Pack only lost by 5 points, but for most of the game they were spanked. I picked the Vikes to win a while ago.

Ok, the Vikings do not suck. Daunte Culpepper sucked last year, not particularly the whole team. All the games they lost were close games. If Culpepper reduces the turnovers, the Vikings have the convenience of the second best receiver in the league, and probably the fastest... Randy Moss. Case in point... Culpepper had 3 TD passes, and no interceptions. Granted, he had 2 fumbles, but it didn't cost him the game. Moss had 150 yards receiving.

Favre has an unbelievable arm and there is no better throwing on the run. The guy is strong enough to run backwards and still launch a 50 yard bomb. But, for one reason or another, he has been forcing passes the last couple of years, and he gets himself interceptions... four against the vikings. Just for the record, not only did I predict the Vikings to win, I also predicted Corey Chavous would intercept Favre twice and return them both for TD's... well, my prediction was off, he did intercept twice, but didn't return either for TD's.

Anyway, let me give some advice... don't make picks for teams you like. Understand that you're so biased that you will never pick them to lose, and people be like "See! they didn't win!" For example, I love the Raiders. So for tonight, I pick them to beat the Titans. But I will never make a bet, because I know that regardless of who they are playing and the conditions, I will pick them to win because I want them to win.

I was only saying that to Acid because he lives in LA, and I'm a firm believer that people should be fans of their home teams. It doesn't have to be your current home necessarily, but a place you lived for a while. Like my dad grew up in Boston, he's a huge Patriots fan... and I'm a Raiders fan, bit of a conflict in that snowy playoff game a couple of years ago. So I say if you live in LA, be either a Raiders, Rams, Chargers, or 49ers fan. LA has horrible fans though... many of them are hostile towards their own teams... I've gotten made fun of for being a Lakers fan... how stupid is that? Of course I like them, I live in the city and grew up with them. I understand the Lakers are an unpopular team to many people, much like the Yankees, but if you live in New York, be a damn Yankees fan... if you live in LA, be a damn Lakers/Dodgers/Kings fan. Anyway, that's my rant.
and here is mine: The Vikings beat the Packers, nanananananannaaaaaa.................happy, happy,joy,..joy
that's ***I'm Stupid for Swearing***ing stupid the ***I'm Stupid for Swearing*** happend to the packers the vikings the worst team in the whole god damn nfl beat the packers
And I wonder what my beloved Titans might do to the overrated wankers, I mean raiders. God I love the fall.
Wait wait... now, it looks like the Raiders are going to lose the game... but how the hell are they overrated? Most commentators and announcers say the Raiders are done, espn says the Chiefs will win the AFC West, and every year the Raiders are said to be overrated by the people that rate them! So I'm not sure what exactly is overrated about them. And they are a good team, you can't deny that... best QB, one of the best receiving cores, one of the best all purpose running backs, the best short yardage running back, the best cornerback, and the best offense of last year. Ok, yeah, you're right, overrated.... ohhhh, Tim Brown just got a TD... maybe the Raiders will make a comeback... to be continued.
Oh well, guess not. It's all good, it was close and the Raiders face the Bengals next week... guaranteed win.

Oh, by the way, the last touchdown the Titans scored was not a touchdown... he was out of bounds, and would have even if he wasn't pushed. Idiot officials. Game without that TD: Raiders 20, Titans 18.
yep maybe, just not tonite, you have to remember, I grew up with the fearsome foursome and the nightmares of the raiders. They are not today the team they were yesterday.

btw,
Tenn. 25
Oakland 20
oh so sweet
go eagles................................................anyone?

they are playing tampa tomorrow, which begs me to ask the question, How Much Does Corn Cost in Tampa?

a buck an ear.....get it?
go titans!...good game. that was a horrible series of downs in the 4th quarter though...i thought the titans were going to going to give up and let the raiders steal it away. they should never have let that last td happen...so imo, the scores correct. as for the controversial call...i say savor it...if the refs say it's a td, it's a td. mcnaire played a great game and outplayed gannon.
The sad fact is that I actually know its 12 for 2 bucks. I like the buccaneer price better.
sage_4,Sep 8 2003, 05:27 AM Wrote:a buck an ear.....get it?
That was worse than one of my jokes!
Finally, another sport to talk about. And the NHL soon. The Jungle should be much more exciting now. There has been too much of that boring baseball talk.

Oh ya, if it weren't for that bad holding call against the Titans in the 3rd it would be 45 - 13 ... You can talk about bad calls all you want but they are pretty much a part of the game, any game. The officials were pretty whistle happy though. I think maybe they hired some NBA officials. You can be sure the Raiders will benefit from a bad call or two this season. Either way it's still hard to say what the score would have been. Different cicrumstances, different pressure, different plays being called, different players on the field ... maybe a fumble here or interception there. That's the great thing about football, anything can happen.
-Sockhole
"If ya SMELL ... what the SOCK ... is cookin."
I agree with that much. The game was badly called on both sides. As much as I hate to admit it, that was not a fumble by McNair if you go by the rule. I just think the rule is dumb and should be changed. Oh well, it's one game. I can live with the loss, what I hate is now people and the media will start saying "Is this is the collapse of the Raiders?" and "The Titans are now the better team." I hate that stuff. It was a close game, not just score-wise, but both teams had their problems and had little things go against and for them. Before this, the Raiders have dominated the Titans. It was one game. And if that TD didn't count, they would have gotten a field goal, and maybe the raiders wouldn't have had such a good drive. That last TD by the raiders wasn't the titans "allowing it." It was a good drive, and it was Gannon to Tim Brown... vintage post route by Brown, perfect pass by Gannon, nothing they could do about it.

And hell yeah, NHL will be starting soon, and this is why I love October/November... NHL and NFL on at the same time. Go Kings!
Ice Hockey... a game where the real men punch each other up in groups!:)
It gets harder and harder to say "Go Flames" because it doesn't feel like they are going anywhere. If you wanna see some frustrated sports fans, then visit Calgary.
-Sockhole
"If ya SMELL ... what the SOCK ... is cookin."
How can they burst into life when they keep having people put a dampner on it ... (water don't mix to well with flames, get rid of the water boy!)
netniV,Sep 8 2003, 06:02 AM Wrote:
sage_4,Sep 8 2003, 05:27 AM Wrote:a buck an ear.....get it?
That was worse than one of my jokes!
I beg to differ

Quote:(water don't mix to well with flames, get rid of the water boy!)

boo
It is true, Hockey is about 800000000000000000 times better than football. I mean c'mon, boohoo you got tackled, imagine the same thing at 40 miles an hour. and no astro turf to break your fall, its just cold slippery ice. i do still love to watch football though.....don't hurt me.
I have played soccer and rugby... Rugby is great, because I am smaller in size (5'5) then I used to get put in as Scrum Half, which basically means, get the ball and get the hell out of there with it! No wonder I can dodge things so well....
I was a winger...left to be specific..oh man.. those were the days.
Well, I love watching ice hockey, but I play roller hockey. Basically, not many ice hockey leagues in Southern California. Anyway, I played center... when I did play, I was the best face-off guy in the league, and primarily played on the checking line because I am a pesky defensive forward. Although, I did play on front lines situationally because of the face-off thing, and also pretty good at passing. I haven't played for a few years though, and now that I'm a bit bigger and more mature, I wanna play in college. Freshman really only get to play intramural roller hockey, but I plan on getting in shape and joining our team later on. Hopefully my size doesn't keep me off the team though, I'm only about 5'8". That's what kept me out of football... high school wanted bigass players.
Li'l players can sometimes out run the bigger ones and dodge them to boot! Can't say how many times some lanky ass player was steaming up behind me and I just stop, turn, turn again and sprint and left him behind...:)