Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What were clans really for?
a b
Well I think this is a great place to move the clan debate Wha? but I have not been playing online games but for a very short time...so I was just going by my impression of what a 'clan' represents to me. Group of ppl with something in common that want to 'hang' together. :)
i agree w/ grits to a large degree. i think clans started as a way for players, who became friends online and respected each other and wanted to show the rest of the community that they shared a common bond and had "each other's back".
i think it's different now and now clans seem to represent "leetnes". the main reason pple want to join clans now is to show the rest of the gaming community that they excel at a particular game. i think that's okay as long as the clan is friendly and makes an attempt to get to know newer members.
sort of like at first...clans came first under friendship, then came skillz, while now...skillz come first and then clans.
thats why, in my opinion, invite-only clans are more succesful than clans that you have to try-out for. because invite-only clans usually accept only players they know and respect, whereas in try-out clans, you may get a good player, but he/she might not get along w/ other clan members.
this is my impression from talking to some older hldm players who have been playing since the games release.
TRUTH
I already posted what I thought on the matter in the other thread. I basically share GRITS view on the matter.