Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Opinion on Clans
just a question, why do u want a clan? rc is a single player mod, clans r for team games and rc kinda dusnt have a team game (or it might do, just dusnt work). Only reason people r in clans atm is to b recognized by being in a 1337 clan. Theres kinda no point
its like boxing in the olympics, team usa, team uT. us against you thing.
but its all individual effort, theres nothing team based in it so theres no point with clans... yet.
MORAL SUPPORT THEN. Its like i'm not in the army,but i will say we kicked sadaam's ass. :fireg:
I guess is all depends on your definition and goals for a clan.
MW defines clan as "a group united by a common interest or common characteristics"
So clans can be people who are all awesome ricochet players, or players who use decaps only, or just good 'people' who want to have connections with each other off of the game pads.
I enjoy seeing the bantering between the spectators..when two players from different clans are playing each other...we all know how boring the queues get and it is a good diversion to cheer for 'your guy/gal'
I think it is the recognition by your team mates (clan members) for your 'individual efforts' that is one of the most rewarding parts of a 'ricochet clan' and also the boasting rights that come from having your idea of the "best ricochet player" in your clan. You can see that in the tournament that is going on now...which clans will be represented in the final matchup???? everyone wants their clan to be one of them because they represent you, even if you have been eliminated from the competition.
Actually when you think about it we are all in the "ricochet clan" and it is everyone's prerogative to be a part of a derivative especially if it makes the whole experience more pleasurable.
Everyone wants to belong to a group. It has nothing to do with what game you are playing.
It does the mind good to be together in the same group, even if it you are only linked by a
simple silly tag. All in all, it has nothing to do with what you are doing...just that you have others
with the same thought doing the same thing as you. I was in clan RECTUM for awhile and it was
unique because we had no server or website or anything (I did create a server later on) and we had
no entry requirements. If you wanted in....bam...you just changed your name and that was that. The
only key to bind us was that we wanted to be known by a certain common tag.....lol....RECTUM.

I think clans are great and do great things for the gaming community. No...we don't pick up trash on the
highway or take food over to Pique's house during the holiday season...but we are the glue that keeps a
simple game like Ricochet going. DAMN...I must be high!!!

PIX

PS....I can't wait to blow up Saddam this week. GO USA!
Ok PiX I have to ask...how many people did you actually have that wanted to be "a:cens:es"
:blsh:
:thumb:guys and girl can you plzz stop fighting over whether clans are important or not i just realy want a new one cause cc is now dead and i figured that this could be where people that want in a clan can post it...
lol i think ther should be one of your pin up forum topics or a link or somthin in or on your site to where people with out clans can post up an add saying that they want one and clans can scout out then maybe have them try out from there if they leav contact info and maybe clans could even post want adds like rica player wanted minimum 3 moths experience required or somthin.............Im just sayin that thats what i would do if i had like the main ricachet site cause you guys and girl that own this site you haft to admit it its prety cool that your likethe owners of rico and have like the most popular and main site for the game prety cool if you ask me i would love to own a whole game..cause your site is like a frachise evryone trusts you and no one can get as popular....lol.....:thumb:
srry i did not read yours tell after sent my last post grits........but yes we are in a ricachet clan and this site is like all of our clans site thats what i mean...............lol
Im really starting to like cartman:urock:
frito
yeah he's definately a little badass...I think you should actually make your own clan and get some of these other badasses who are clanless or in a "dead" clan. Ie, Skull, Frooty, asm, beastie, etc.
Now that you bring it up GRITS...we did have a few bad apples...that smelled like someone's behind....:D
But our rigorous pledging process failed to weed them out before hell week.
We now scour all past history including credit check and criminal background before we bring in the goats and
make the new recruits make sweet love to the ninney...

WOW...i have to lay off the weed !!!!:blink:
To me a clan has NEVER been a place for competition. It has, but it has always come second. If you look at every clan I've been in, or led, they all have that one characteristic in common. To me a clan is a place to meet with other people, a way to get to know the people you play with, and identify with them.
RECTUM hoohah i remmeber that clan. Me and Pukuk always annoying people with the sounds while attari genocide reconnected and used the spectator glitch. We made enemies with -none- and chat spammed em to highheaven. Haha that was so damn funny.
CloudFuel,Mar 18 2003, 11:23 PM Wrote:yeah he's definately a little badass...I think you should actually make your own clan and get some of these other badasses who are clanless or in a "dead" clan. Ie, Skull, Frooty, asm, beastie, etc.
lol after me saying theres no point in clans u thinking im gunna join 1? *looks scared*
I thought RECTUM was the worst excuse for a clan ever.
well if we go by your standards...then yeah I could see that, but see I think a clan doesn't have to be the literlal term of a clan. In such a small gaming community that we have, it's hard to have multiple clans, so basically we have most of the best players in their clan and that's how you identify them. With no real ability (as we've seen so far) to have team combat there really isn't too much competition, but there is definite competition growing lately with the tourney and the RiP uT match and the league all popping up. Soo in typical games I'd say a clan is just a group of players who work together, but in our game it's more of a club for players and friends to say they are connected to and a way for them stay in contact and just enjoy themselves...
I dont know clans are alright, I kinda wish I was in one sometimes and sometimes and really thankful I'm not! Like what am i missing exactly, like someone said, its not a team-based game (unless 2v2 gets going). Sure moral support is good, but I think in a small community like Ricochet (50 ppl or so) we should all be giving suport to each other. I mean with only 50 people or so its really like we're all in the same clan:toast:

Your friendly neighbour (Someone has to replace Mr. Rogers, god bless his soul)
*-=][_=-*