Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
question on GM foods
I'm curious about the study of gene modification on our foods, and was wondering if there was any study done by any scientists. I know of one done by a guy name sputznik (butchered the spelling), saying that in GM potatoes, which he fed to some lab rats, they developed some immunie diffincencies and had some organ development problems. Thats pretty much all i know of the study and wish i had some more details for you.
All i know about this sort of stuff is how they GM chickens. They GM to have larger breasts, thus more meat. Allthough chicken treatment is supposedly getting better since KFC got in a lot of shit for the way they treat their "food".
Uh... where to begin... I don't think I can get an exact date for you, but people have been genetically modifying food since the beginning of farming.

As for directly modifying it (without relying on the chance that the best gametes will meet), I really don't have much knowledge. I would like to see that study though. Anything but having to sift through the endless deluge of biased BS google dredges up again.