Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ANY SPOILERS POST HERE
Please if you want to post anything that would be considered a spoiler to HL2 to anyone post it here...like these picture that SS sent me of the final chapter

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

ok another from the last chapter

last one

Ok, I guess I will put my little half life 2 rant in here. After beating the game, you might be a little disapointed with the ending. I wanst expecting much, because hl1 was left pretty open. People were saying it was disapointing, but it was alright.

The biggest problem I have is with your squad and barney. Your squad (at least in easy, I will try on hard tommorow) treats you like a noob. They will say stupid stuff like, "better reload mr freeman." Which gets anoying after awhile, espically since you cant kill them. Which brings me to my next point... you cant kill them. I am hoping there is a console command I can use to fix this. In my opinion, when someone says that gordon freeman should reload, they dont deserve to live. Another problem is there are a couple of invisible walls. Luckily they're not in really bad places, its just a pet peeve of mine. I mentioned barney earlier. He isnt anoying at the beggining of the game, but when you have to work with him, he will say lets do this. You look around for medical kits or ammo, and he will say lets do this, 10 - 15 seconds later, he was also very very captian obvious, but it only at one point. Which gets anoying. Your alone for the most part of half life 2, and even when your not, it is still a really great gaming experiance. The envoirnment is incredible, the weapons are all fun, very very few bugs, at least that I know of. I'm sure they are in there, this is valve we're talking about. They have some nice puzzles in it, but nothing very challenging. The gameplay was good, and I liked how they worked in a few diffrent styles of it. The soundtrack is great, I wish I heard more music throughout the game.

If you have the system to run it, get it.
Ok so at the beginning when the bad guy points in the door and says get in there I was on the wrong side of the door and he was pointing to the wall saying get in there so I tried...the wall was solid ^_^

is that a bug...or was he drunk?

and I ended up on the one guys head and he kept zapping me even tho I was on his head...I am going to try for it again and get a screen shot this time...I may beat it.....unless they come out with the HL2DM before I do...that is what happened last time:blsh:
Final chapters were great, the slow motion explosion brought my system to a crawl, but it was all good. Game was easily worth the money and amount of time that went into installing it.
My system runs it "ok", the only thing that bugs me is the fact that any object that can be moved or picked up like barrels and boxes disappear when I get a little ways away from them and then reappear when I get closer to them, and when alot of stuff is going on at one time its gets a little choppy. of all the games I have bought this is going to be the first that I have completed. I like the story line and the intense game play keeps things interesting.
fritoman,Nov 22 2004, 07:21 AM Wrote:My system runs it "ok", the only thing that bugs me is the fact that any object that can be moved or picked up like barrels and boxes disappear when I get a little ways away from them and then reappear when I get closer to them, and when alot of stuff is going on at one time its gets a little choppy. of all the games I have bought this is going to be the first that I have completed. I like the story line and the intense game play keeps things interesting.
What video card do you have?
gforce 4 mmx 440
Ah ok, I think that card defaults to the DX7 codepath, which has fade-in issues
come on...i cant play this game for a good 6 months atleast...i want some real spoilers.
Pique, I'd offer you any if they existed, but unfortunately completion of the game leaves you in the same state you started in, bewildered. Much greater emphasis will most likely be put on the story line in the next sequel/expansion pack since so many questions were left unanswered. One thing I can tell ya is G-man is considering whoring out Freeman for a rather hefty price.
Here we go.

Scary.

I wonder what it is :/

Someone stopped time...

But i'll be lonely! at least send alyx:upto:

There is a secret scene after the credits!
However, you can't see it if you start chapter 15, you have to play chapter 14 again or load a saved game _before_ the credits.