Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HL2 Pirated
There's two possibilities.

One, they are lying and are trying to stop people from downloading it.
Two, they were smart enough to come up with this idea.

Either way, it's not worth having your account banned. Nor the wasted bandwidth you use...

Quote:Hey HL2 Gamers!

Recently, one of the HL2Files.com members here, alerted me of a pirated warez version of Half-Life 2, apparently released via the Bittorent network. I immediately, forwarded this to Gabe Newell of VALVe Software. [The great man, we should all be thanking for Half-Life 2  ].

A couple of hours later, Gabe replied with the following:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We're running a bit of an experiment. We're keeping track of the accounts that do this and will be shutting them off.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, as you can see, VALVe Software have released a test "warez" version aimed at catching people out. These people will have their accounts deleted and will be banned from Steam.

Therefore, I strongly suggest that you DO NOT participate in these illegal activities as it would only lead to your own harm.

VALVe Software spent over $40 Million to develop Half-Life 2. Show them you appreciate their work. Buy the game!

http://halflife2.filefront.com/news/;13907
<@Miagi> !8 Am I spamming?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Yes.
<@Miagi> !8 Should I stop?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Oh, please, PLEASE, make it stop!

They're lying.
So there is no way to play it offline? I dont beleive it... Someone, somwhere probably already figured out a way.:)
I said they're lying, that's all I'm gonna say though. ;)
If its true, it would be good. As people know I am not a fan of HL2, I do think it should be sold for much cheaper then its being sold for now but not stolen.
It will be cheaper after the holidays. A fall release lets the price stay high abnormally long.
Who said I'm not buying it? heh, I just can't right now.

You're missing out on a lot Gwars, I don't know what exactly you have against HL2, but you're just missing out on a lot.
Apex,Nov 22 2004, 10:40 PM Wrote:So there is no way to play it offline? I dont beleive it... Someone, somwhere probably already figured out a way.:)
shut off your internet connection and steam asks if you would like to play offline.
You have to have an updated version of steam tho. Thats the problem one of my friends is experiancing. He cant update because of the firewall on residence. For some reason it doenst like steam and p2p programs.
lalalala /me whispers I am an idiot for trying to share warez on here even though I have been told not to by the admins more then once and that if I do it again I will be BANNED from everything for at least 6 months.
Well, I'm INVISIBLE AGAIN ... I might as well pay a visit to the LADIES ROOM ...
Without ice cream life and fame are meaningless.
[Image: stoned.jpg]