Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new update for steam tonight
A Steam update will be released tonight at about 7:00 PDT. The update will take effect automatically when you exit and restart Steam. About 5 minutes before the update goes out, we'll send a message to everyone via Friends. Here's what's new:

fixed bug where favorite servers would not get saved to disk if filtered out
increased max servers listed from 10,000 to 20,000
fixed 'add friends' and 'game info' dialogs showing up over gameplay in game
fixed problem with not always being able to re-add friends after removing them
fixed case where authorization request dialog could appear multiple times from the same user
fixed chat messages & authorization requests stealing focus and not starting minimized
fixed auto-away not working
removed 'about' dialog
fixed add-on (checkers, etc) invites when in game appearing over the top of the game, instead of just in the gameUI area
removed unnecessary bind() calls for client UDP sockets
chat dialogs now add a message into the text whenever the other user changes status
fixed spurious character in Game Info dialog
change 'time' info in game info player list to be in hours:minutes:seconds instead of just seconds
changed game info player list to default to sorting by score, then time
whoops my bad..that was lastnight ehehhe
Ya it seems there was some problems with it too, lots of people are reporting #SteamRoo as their buttons now, and #Steam in other spots, but it seems to happen only with the original green skin. It didn't happen to me and I have a custom skin...

WOOHOOO finally I didn't get an error that everyone else was having!!!!
Scratch that last thing I said...

I just restarted steam this morning and now I have that same problem.
Here is the fix for the #Steamroo problem....

Quote:#Steamroo FIX
Since alot of you cant find the fix:

Go to your steam folder an delete clientregistry.blob

If you would prefer to wait for a 100% official steam fix then here is what Erik said:
"We'll have a fix out for this tomorrow at the latest. Sorry you ran into this."
hahaha... guess what... this really IS one error I didn't get :-D
im getting each button saying #steamroo, the button works fine thogh, its just weird haveing to look at the discreptions to figure out which button is quit
It should be #SteamRoot, since all the other buttons say something related to the program.