Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CS shown at E3 running on Source
Taken from Planet Half Life:

Shacknews is reporting this afternoon from E3 that Half-Life 2 multiplayer be Counter-Strike 2!

Half-Life 2 multiplayer is Counter-Strike on the Source engine and will be available at the same time as when Half-Life 2 ships. Counter-Strike gameplay doesn't seem to have changed much, if at all. Graphics of course, are much improved.

Stay tuned for more info!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Disregard the above info as it was wrongly reported.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
That kind of sucks, I was hopeing it would be like the multiplayer for half-life 1 is now. I like that and the idea of flinging someone around with the grav gun is nice.

If its just gonna be CS2 then I won't be playing it that much and it has dropped my interest in HL2 also.
Now I'm more confused, found this on Planet Half-Life...

Quote:Correction: Shacknews did not report that Half-Life 2 Multi would be Counter-Strike 2, only that it is "Counter-Strike on the Source engine". The email sent to me made this assertion, although the Shacknews post does not.
Nothing confusing. It just says that PHL got their wires crossed and got the wrong info.
What is actually happening is that HL1 and all of it's mods will be able to port to the Source engine. What they were showing at E3 is the same old CS under the Source engine. Looked very impressive. This is not CS2.
:blink:
Well im glad they didnt just get rid of HL2DM, although you know someone would have modded it. I heard that cs2 will be only for retail, is this true?
Thats what I have heard that CS2 will be sold at or near the same time as when HL2 is released.

I have also read stuff that says they are porting half-life 1 over onto the source engine and that porting of half-life mods to source is as simple as recompiling.

If this is true, we could see Ricochet with wicked physics :)

I watched the 700meg video and was very impressed with the physics engine. When hit with something people few through the air realisticly. The grav gun looks like a lot of fun. I noticed that he didn't try to pick up any people or creatures, it would have been nice to see that you can pick up someone and fling someone into someone else.

If HL2 has multiplayer like HL1 did I wonder if people will be able to climb onto the side of the cars and fill fire their own weapons. :) It is good thought that there is an animated needed for getting into cars and that people just won't be standing there driving. :)
BTW if anyone is interested here is where you can download the 700 meg E3 2004 Video

http://www.fileplanet.com/files/140000/140589.shtml

There is a long lineup :)
http://www.halflife2.net

Quote:Eurogamer brings news that Half-Life, its two addons and some of its more popular mods, are to be updated with Half-Life 2's source engine. Valve's managing director, Gabe Newell, stated that they would not be free, instead they are to be released in shops and for payment downloading on Steam, at a probable budget price.

Counter-Strike, Team Fortress, Opposing Force and Blue Shift are also expected to join Half-Life in the update, and can be expected for release at the end of Summer.

You can also check out their lengthy interview with Doug Lombardi here. They cover a wide range of topics, from movie talk to Half-Life 2's expansion pack plans.

UPDATE: Forum member d8cam confirms that Counter-Strike: Source will be seperate from Half-Life 2, during his short talk with Gabe Newell:

Counter-strike Source will be available separate from Half-life 2, but will come out the same day.
This begs the question; will the updated Half-Life (as well as Day of Defeat, Team Fortress Classic, Opposing Force and Blue Shift) be bundled with Half-Life 2, or will it be seperate like Counter-Strike: Source?

They also have a bunch of mirrors for the 700 meg video.
Not sure if I will buy cs2, depends on how much they ask, how much money i have, and how impressed i am with hl2. Might be a good exceuse to get back to dod.

That video did like pretty sweet, the crane was great. I like how it looks like its going to be much more open then hl1 was.

Edit: STRYDER!!