Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Disc Inserted?
Bought HL2 Retail standard yesterday and it said steam was too busy and that the cdkey was pending or something. Said I can still play. Went to start HL2 and it said no disc inserted. I figured that since I was pending that they wanted to verify.

This morning steam confirmed and gave me a receipt.

HL2 and CS:S are still asking for a cd to be inserted everytime I go to play them. It's getting very annoying since it doesn't even use the cd.

Steam forums are down... again... HLFallout has a thread about it. A person says theres a patch, not from valve, but I don't think it's worth trying.

http://www.hlfallout.net/forums/index.php?...showtopic=20246

There is also a post in there from Matt2 who I guess is a steam forum mod who says it's doing it on purpose.

I'm a little confused here. If you buy the retail version that has physical cd's you are required to use them. But if you download it off steam, no physical cd's, you don't need a cd. Is this their way of saying "you should have bought it directly from steam you loser". I inserted my cdkey, guess that's not enough. If it's true that its temporary, I think I will have finished the game by the time they have released their own patch.

Yet another annoyance brought to you by Valve/Steam.
<@Miagi> !8 Am I spamming?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Yes.
<@Miagi> !8 Should I stop?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Oh, please, PLEASE, make it stop!