Ability to edit Half-Life 2 maps

Maya model exporter

3d Studio Max model exporter source code

Sample MOD with vehicles

Source Updates

HTTP and non-HTTP map auto downloading functionality

Enhanced dedicated server logging capabilities

Various tweaks and fixes

*Also: A Half-Life 2: Deathmatch Map Making Contest has been announced. The winning entry will receive a cash prize of $5,000. Two runner up entries will receive a cash prize of $3,000.

HL2 now just became worth about 15 bucks Canadian to my door to me:)

* Gwarsbane ducks as PnG tosses a sink at him
This is a surprise to me, I thought most companies realised deathmatch multiplayer games are a thing of the past.

No offense to the people that like deathmatch, I just really thought the next Valve mod was going to be TFC2.
_Acid_Head_,Dec 1 2004, 02:24 AM Wrote:No offense to the people that like deathmatch, I just really thought the next Valve mod was going to be TFC2.
No Offense taken:P
DM games are still popular, ut2004 is a good example of that. BTW im not too sure how to actually get into hl2dm.
If it's crashing like it was with me you may have to right click hl2 dm(assuming you have it installed) click properties, goto launch options and put

-w 1024 -h 768

or whatever screen setting you normally use.

If you don't have it installed and you don't see it, restart steam and you should see half-life 2: Deathmatch and you can right click it and click install game. You still might have to put the above option in.

The source sdk is cool, it copies hl2 code to your mod directory when you go through their "mod wizard". It gives you samples like a small sample mod with a buggy(jeep) it's certainly not complete, I can only imagine the mods coming.
<@Miagi> !8 Am I spamming?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Yes.
<@Miagi> !8 Should I stop?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Oh, please, PLEASE, make it stop!

I also have to enter my cd to play HL2DM :angry:2 maps so far.
<@Miagi> !8 Am I spamming?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Yes.
<@Miagi> !8 Should I stop?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Oh, please, PLEASE, make it stop!

Needs work, but I enjoy it. I think all of those server side physics are really having an effect. That was on a 20 player server though. I will try it later less to see if the lag improves.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
I'd suggest no bigger than 12 to 14 servers. Seems any larger than that, major lag.